At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world’s leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
We’re recognised by LinkedIn as the top UK startup of 2020, and recently announced plans to list on the Nasdaq with an expected valuation of $5.4bn.
- Lead the development of 1D models at vehicle level to provide insight into key performance metrics such as powertrain and battery cooling, and cabin cooling/HVACGuide system design for thermal systems of future Arrival products
- Collaborate with the Technology team to develop and integrate models relating to the drivetrain, batteries, and cabin heating ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC)
- Validate model inputs and assumptions via experimental testing and data gathering
- Sanity checking work using hand calculations and first principles
- Work closely with colleagues in the RED-CAT team sharing knowledge and experience acquired across all Arrival products
- Review, update and maintain best practice 1D Thermal guidelines for use across the company
- Collaborate with the Rapid Engineering Design (RED) team to assist with the automation of processes and workflows
- Report status and escalate conflicts to the Lead Aero-Thermal Engineer
- 1st Class Masters degree or PhD in Engineering, Maths, Physics, or equivalent scientific subject
- Excellent team-worker, who is agile, proactive, and has a “startup” attitude
- Experience creating, running and validating 1D models using open source software,GT, Amesim, or Simulink
- Good modelling knowledge of drive cycles, electric vehicle drivetrains, batteries, thermal management, cabin HVAC, control systems, aerodynamics, tyres and vehicle dynamics
- Experience using Computer Aided Design (CAD) and Product Life-cycle Management (PLM) systems
- Experience in automation, scripting and programming, preferably in PythonTrack record demonstrating creativity and ingenuity
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.