What is Sylvera anyway?
Sylvera is scaling carbon markets with software. Sylvera does this by applying advanced machine learning techniques to satellite data to quantify with unprecedented accuracy the amount of carbon stored in landscapes. We also provide a holistic picture of offset projects, providing people with the information they need to make informed decisions. By providing transparency, Sylvera intends to underpin functioning voluntary carbon markets. This will allow the market to scale to keep the planet under 2C of warming, and unlock huge co-benefits for nature and society.
What will I be doing?
Working with a talented analytics team and understand major carbon offsets project on the market
understand how Sylvera score is produced and on process project level data
Reading and recording essential information from carbon offset documents
Gaining insight and understanding of the offset world
What do I need?
- Currently studying a science or climate related degree at a top university
- Experience in Excel or similar
- To care about the climate and ecosystems of Earth, and to want to change incentives so they get valued and protected.
- full on training from the current climate analytics
- Potential to convert into full time position at the end of internship!
- Living wage per your location
- Exposure to the geospatial models, government legislation and market effects that drive global deforestation
- Experience working on a cross functional and collaborative team
- Part-time and flexible working hours to fit around your studies