TerraCycle’s mission is to Eliminate the idea of Waste®.
Headquartered in Trenton, N.J, and operating in over 21 countries across the Americas, Europe, and the Asia Pacific, TerraCycle is a global innovator in green business. It partners with many of the world’s largest consumer product companies and retailers to create collection and recycling solutions for hundreds of traditionally non-recyclable waste streams. By working with companies, retailers, governments, and consumers, TerraCycle is able to collect and solve for just about every waste stream, from snack wrappers and contact lenses to ocean plastics and cigarette butts, all waste streams that otherwise end up in landfills, oceans, or incinerators. TerraCycle has received hundreds of awards globally, and has been highlighted in some of the world’s most recognized media outlets, including CNN, Wall St. Journal, Reuters.com New York Times, Forbes, and thousands of others.
In January 2019, TerraCycle announced its newest initiative, Loop, a global circular shopping system that enables brands, retailers, and consumers to transition from single-use disposable materials to reusable, durable packaging, washed by Loop and refilled by the brands. Loop has engaged many of the world’s largest consumer product companies (including P&G, Nestlé, Unilever, PepsiCo, Coca-Cola, and Mondēlez) and many of the world’s largest retailers in this platform. Loop went live in May 2019 in two major markets, one in Europe (Paris) and one in the US (NY,NJ, PA). In July 2020, Loop launched in the UK in partnership with Tesco while announcing plans to expand to Japan, Australia, and Canada.
The TerraCycle Account Management Team seeks to hire a resourceful, autonomous and organised Account Executive to lead the growth of our strategic networks and client partnerships in Spain. This is a newly created role to help TerraCycle grow its presence in the Spanish market and is best suited for somebody with sales and/ or account management experience, looking for a fulfilling role within a for-profit company with a purpose.
The successful candidate will report to the Account Manager overseeing the client partnership in Spain and be based in our Perivale, West London (remote during COVID).
This role will be split between two main areas of responsibility:
Strategic Outreach to grow participation networks
- Contacting organisations by phone and email to convince them to take part in TerraCycle’s Free Recycling Programmes.
- Building an outreach pipeline and contacts database that is most relevant for existing and future client partnership in Spain.
- Building relationships with key organisations that could join several TerraCycle programmes and partner with TerraCycle in other ways.
- Keeping track of all organisations contacted via a CRM or equivalent tool to re-activate contacts when relevant.
Account Management for a portfolio of clients from small companies to large FMCGs with a focus on Spain and other European countries where needed:
- Serving as the primary contact for a portfolio of brand partners with a focus on Spain and across Europe
- Building and strengthening client relationships to ensure renewal and growth and building strong relationships with key client stakeholders
- Identifying and developing opportunities to drive business value for clients
- Provide clients with programme & budget updates and proposals according to their internal budgeting and planning process
- Managing programme operational flow, pricing files, presentations, and contracts
- Coordinate with internal teams to develop plans and review programme performance
- Creating client-ready documents, including monthly reports and custom presentations (in both Excel and Powerpoint)
- Coordinating internal processes, including monthly invoicing and annual renewal pricing & projection process in conjunction with the Operations team
- Providing project management support for product orders, design projects, and brand activations as needed.
Sales skills and a real talent for cold outreach
Able to build and grow client relationships
Proficient in English and Spanish with excellent communication skills
Ability to think strategically and to prioritise among competing tasks
Solid business acumen
Strong communicator with excellent presentation skills
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (particularly PowerPoint)
Solid team player who can collaborate cross-functionally and across cultures
Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and ability to multitask
Capability to thrive in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
A creative problem solver capable of thinking outside the box
A sense of resourcefulness, ability to adapt, and positive attitude
Experience in client management for an FMCG company is an advantage
2+ years’ experience working in the field of telephone sales or as a fundraiser for a charity is a plus in this role
Project management experience is an advantage
A demonstrated interest in sustainable/green business would be beneficial
Salary depending on experience
25 Paid Holiday Days
2 Volunteering Days
Online Yoga and wellbeing activities
Company Pension contribution
Enhanced Parental Leave
Job description is not all-inclusive. TerraCycle reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. TerraCycle is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.