Who we are
We are a sustainability-driven FinTech firm on a mission to bring investors closer to their investments with transparency and a voice.
We partner with UK’s largest investment and pension platforms, empowering them to provide their investors with transparency over the companies they own and a shareholder voice on issues they care about, whether that be gender equality, human rights or climate change. We build APIs and beautiful user interfaces to deliver a totally unique user experience. We give platforms better engagement, acquisition and retention, coupled with the power to create a sustainable investment system for us all.
We’re a close-knit, ambitious team. Based in and around the South West, we work in an agile manner; championing transparency and flexibility while prioritising open communication. We love food, rounders, board games and team holidays (like painting and cliff jumping in Devon).
Our Vision: To give every investor a voice.
Our Mission: To empower platforms to engage investors.
1. We do our best work to achieve our vision
2. We pull together to achieve more for users & customers
3. We are masters of prioritisation
4. We adapt relentlessly
5. We give each other feedback to move each other forwards 6. We trust each other to drive towards success
Tumelo gives transparency and a voice to people with a workplace pension. There around 50 million workplace pension members in the UK alone, making up the most significant chunk of our target user base. To reach these pension members, we generally partner with pension platforms. However, the workplace itself, the employer, is also a crucial stakeholder in the successful sale and delivery of Tumelo. Employers who are bought into our mission create urgency and help us to maximise the success of product launches to their employees, by supporting communications and sharing employee insights. In some cases, we can even sell directly to workplaces as some still manage their pension in-house.
Tumelo has had an incredible year since first launching our product in June 2020 with Legal & General. We already count three of the four largest pension providers among our customers, with many household name employers within that cohort, from banks to supermarkets. We are already making a significant positive impact on the financial well-being of thousands of employees and the sustainability of the UK pension system.
We are now looking for our first Account Executive – Workplaces to be responsible for building relationships with and selling to some of the UK’s largest and best-known workplaces. You will open the doors that will enable us to deliver on our mission to improve the financial well- being and increase the sustainability of the investment system.
What you’ll do
• Increase awareness of Tumelo among workplaces
- Develop a deep understanding of the sustainability, pensions and financial wellbeing
landscape in the UK and utilize market insights on segmentation, use cases, buyer
personas, and potential partnerships.
- You will plan, execute, and report on a program of marketing activities required to support
our UK growth targets including online and offline events, roundtables, channel
partnerships, paid media, and multi-touch campaigns.
• Generate new workplace sales opportunities, focused on the UK
• Research and validate new market opportunities.
• Using networks, Linkedin, webinars, cold-calling
• Develop the product pitch; improvising on the spot and adapting as you go • Work creatively with design to develop sales materials.
• Nurture sales opportunities into prospective clients with strong relationships
- Identify internal champions.
- You will work with the wider Partnerships team to identify sales targets (pension providers
or trustee groups) and move prospective clients through proposal, negotiation and
- Deliver insights to our product team and facilitate customer discovery to develop product-
market fit, evolve the product roadmap and adapt customer messaging.
- Line up workplaces for successful launch/delivery by our implementation team
• Maintain long-lasting, productive client relationships Who you are
- You have experience in owning and delivering lead generation activities and campaigns for a B2B enterprise soware solution.
- A have a deep-rooted passion for delivering value to customers, and a proven track record of developing campaigns that drive a measurable impact on MQLs and the Sales pipeline.
- You are success-driven and are obsessive about achieving goals and meeting targets including KPI and revenue objectives
- You have built and adapted your own voice and way with customers
- You have worked closely with product teams to deliver customer feedback and develop the
- You are passionate about our mission
- You understand the pensions landscape in the UK: the types of schemes available and the
stakeholders involved in delivering employees great retirement outcomes.
- You are hard-working with a hands-on attitude; you can handle high pressure and tight
- You flourish with autonomy and independence.
- You have the flexible attitude required in a start-up environment, and the capacity and
willingness to learn and adapt relentlessly.
- You can reflect and dream big.
- You are not afraid to ask for help when you need it.
- At the time of starting your employment, you must have permission to work in the UK.
It takes all kinds. We are trying to build a team that can conquer every challenge, speak every language, and understand every user. We have an ambitious mission to change the world so we hope to lead by example with a diverse and inclusive team that reflects the world we want to see.
If you’re such a superstar, we recognise you can probably work anywhere you want to. But working here, you’ll grow more than you would anywhere else; you will join a team who will appreciate you every day; your contributions will genuinely change our business outcomes; and you will be proud to make a lasting, positive impact on the global investment system. And with that, we hope to hear from you!
The finer detail:
• Full-time role preferred
• Flexible hours (core hours of 10-3)
• Flexible working from home with 8 days/month in Bristol office • Generous company share scheme
• Competitive salary based on experience
• 5% employer pension contribution
• Flexible holiday policy of 33 days incl bank holiday
• Initial application: • CV
• A covering note detailing the life experience that makes you amazing; why you’re good for us; and especially why we’re right for you.
• First interview
• Task & presentation • Second interview
There will be opportunities to ask questions throughout. If Tumelo sounds like a bit of you and if you are excited to ride this rollercoaster alongside us, then please apply
Start date: ASAP