Want to join a Company that’s going places? Come and join First Mile, voted one of the 1,000 companies to inspire Britain 2017 and 2018. We are one of the UK’s leading recycling businesses and are passionate about providing amazing services for our customers. As a result, First Mile is growing by 25% every single year!
We have an amazing opportunity for an Account Managers to join our successful and rapidly expanding team, to manage a group of key accounts, ensuring it meets the needs of the First Mile business, customers, and 3rd party vendors.
Job Purpose: Manage and grow a portfolio of key B2B accounts, ensuring sales targets are met or exceeded, contributing to First Mile’s ambitious growth and retention plans. Build strong customer relationships so as to be able to leverage strategic commercial value and maximise opportunity. Ensure customers are amazed by exceptional customer service and remain long term, committed advocates of their First Mile partnership.
Key Account Management: Own, maintain, and build partnerships with each key account within your portfolio. Amaze your customers with exceptional customer experience and delivery. Agree long term mutually beneficial road maps and pre-determine their needs to design future proof solutions and overcome risk.
Retention & Growth: Work with the Senior Manager, Account Management to portfolio plan and risk manage key accounts within your remit, ensuring First Mile achieves industry leading customer retention. Identify and swiftly move to leverage growth opportunities, create value led, relevant propositions to ensure sales targets are met or exceeded, with strong margins.
Strategy & Ownership: Contribute to the longer-term business strategy and service solution, using customer and market insight to help shape and optimise future services, pricing and products.
Key Skills Required:
- Outstanding communicator – tailors the tone, message and approach to engage liaise effectively with customers and other team members.
- High energy, positive thinker, sees challenges as an opportunity to do things differently or better.
- Able to work in an entrepreneurial environment and demonstrate commercial awareness
- Is driven and enthusiastic, which encourages commitment from others.
- Creative, able to innovate and improve our proposition
- Desires responsibility, with a strong sense of accountability
Knowledge & Technical Skills
- Proven account management experience, preferably in a B2B environment
- Demonstrated ability to meet and/or exceed determined sales and activity quotas.
- Track record growing current business accounts and identifying new business opportunities
- Strong business language communications skills, face to face, telephone and email.
- Experience implementing new customer strategies and projects
- Use of Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint; experience of Sales Force beneficial
- Ability to project manage and develop business initiatives.
In return we offer a salary of £35000 plus a quarterly bonus.
We don’t have a ball pit or unlimited vacation, but people come to work at First Mile because of the impact they can have, and the opportunities to grow.
That being said, we offer 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays) as well as an extra day for each complete year of service. There are events, talks and socials throughout the year as well drinks each Friday.
First Mile takes great pride in giving back to society, therefore we offer a volunteering scheme to our employees.
The most valuable thing we can offer you is responsibility, learning and opportunity in our rapidly growing company, much if which can be hard to find elsewhere. You will be an important part of our team and will get to experience lots of aspects of our business on top of the exposure that your role will already give you (which just couldn’t happen in a bigger company!). We will encourage you to follow your passions and will give you the opportunity to learn and try new things within a structured framework designed to help you excel.