A bit about us:
Chatterbox provides accredited language learning for business professionals, while uniquely making world-changing social impact. Our innovative solution uses proprietary technology enhanced by live, inspiring human coaching to drive faster success. We have mastered technology and human-loop blended learning for better motivation, stronger retention, and higher completion by learners. Because our live coaches build confidence and fluency through immersive workplace and cultural practice exercises, we achieve practical fluency to facilitate professional development and career growth.
This is a rare opportunity to work in a high-growth, VC-backed startup with global social impact embedded at it’s core – supporting an incredible yet marginalised community who inspire and motivate our team every day.
A bit about the opportunity:
The Account Manager is responsible for the successful planning, onboarding, implementation, and management of partner language programs. The AM will communicate directly with corporate clients to help support all aspects of the post-sales process. This person will also track progress of clients’ learner teams to identify key needs in driving course completion and overall program success. This role requires excellent communication skills and comfort with interfacing with internal and client teams across an array of industries and global locations.
Acting as a liaison between sales, clients, and other departments, the AM will coordinate necessary meetings with key stakeholders to facilitate the success, happiness, and retention of clients. This person will also provide account updates and program performance analyses in weekly company or other formal meetings.
This hands-on role will develop you to:
- Lead the post-sales onboarding plan and process for assigned accounts, including: program set-up, learner commencement, and coaching resource alignment
- Coordinate with internal stakeholders to ensure client programs are ready to launch, communicating client requirements
- Manage timelines of account programs and key milestones, anticipating and preemptively driving the renewal process
- Maintain regular communication with clients, providing key insights and analyses for their respective programs
- Provide regular client feedback to internal teams
- Collaborate with sales team members and other stakeholders to provide key feedback to support new sales initiatives and key prospecting
- Partner with our sales team to make program recommendations
- Keep all departments focused on reaching client KPI’s
- Work with internal teams to ensure platform, tech, coaching, and 24/7 language support meet learner and client satisfaction
- Surface any client issues and make recommendations for solutions
- Track and report on the results of client programs
- Oversee the accurateness of client invoices and reports; assist finance team during billing and collection process
- Execute performance reports for all assigned accounts and make optimization recommendations
- Identify opportunities for partner growth and make recommendations to clients
- Initiate and manage client renewal details and contracts
Essential skills & experiences include:
- Minimum 3 years in B2B account management of tech platform products
- Strong understanding of language learning space preferred
- Awareness of and appreciation for cross-cultural understanding
- Solid experience in working cross-functionally with internal and external stakeholders
- Self-starter and team-oriented
- Driven by partner success and business growth
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Hands-on experience utilizing analytics
- Outstanding organizational skills
Other than a competitive salary, we’re proud to support our team members with:
We’re a VC-backed startup looking to produce systemic change by unlocking talent in marginalised communities. We’re supported by some of the best early stage partners in the world, including startup studios All Turtles, Founders Factory, and GMG Ventures. They will become a part of your team too.
The Chatterbox founders first started working together between the sandy beaches of Lisbon and the cityscapes of London. Today, we’re a global and remote-first company with an office in both tech hubs. You can choose to work from either of our offices in Lisbon or London, or 100% remotely from anywhere in the world – whatever suits you best, as long as you’re functional in GMT.
We’ve always worked remotely so know a thing or two about how to build thriving working relationships and a close-knit company culture remotely, currently across 5 countries. For those who like in-person events, we have quarterly team retreats, co-working and socials in London/Lisbon, and a ‘Chatterbox House’ in each city to host members of our team overnight if they would like to visit.
“The best minds of my generation are thinking about how to make people click ads. That sucks.” Joining us, you will be working on a social problem that genuinely matters; the global opportunity gap that causes talented people from marginalised backgrounds to become long-term unemployed. As an early stage startup, your work with us will have an even bigger impact on the future of our company and movement.
PERKS & BENEFITS
Because you can’t be superwoman or superman without the right cape and boots. We offer magical quarterly team retreats, an annual personal learning budget, and the opportunity to invest in your own success with EMI-qualifying share options in Chatterbox. Oh, and unlimited free language learning (naturally 😉).
Some important stuff we would like you to know:
We believe in fostering a diverse and inclusive workplace. Therefore, we want to make sure that our recruitment process is accessible to everyone. So if you need any reasonable adjustments – at any point in the process – we’ll do our best to help. Just let us know what you need on your application form or reply with your request to the email we send you after you have applied.
We’re also usually hiring several roles at once – if you recommend someone who lands any of our paid roles we can offer you a reward of £250 to thank you for adding another valuable member to our family. You can also sign up to hear about future roles on this career site.