SOLVING THE PROBLEM OF FOOD WASTE
OLIO is the world’s only neighbour-to-neighbour food sharing app, and our mission is to solve the problem of food waste in the home & local community. We do this by connecting anyone with spare food – which can be households or food businesses – with neighbours living nearby who would like it. Globally, over one third of all the food we produce gets thrown away, which is worth over $1 trillion and the average UK family throws away £800 of food each year – collectively adding up to £15bn. OLIO solves this with our award-winning mobile & web app.
Over the past 5 years OLIO has grown from a local initiative in North London to a global movement. We now have over 4 million users who have together shared well over 19 million portions of food – with food being successfully shared in 59 countries and counting. Underpinning this incredible growth has been our volunteer programme, with over 65,000 people reaching out to spread the word about OLIO in their local community and rescue unsold food.
OLIO works with over 2,700 business locations across the UK with Food Waste Hero volunteers completing over 8,000 surplus food collections each week. OLIO is now looking to grow the Food Waste Heroes team substantially whilst scaling up with leading food businesses (supermarkets, coffee chains, quick service restaurants, and many more!) which have chosen to stop food waste, and distribute surplus food to the local community instead via the OLIO app, with the help of thousands of OLIO Food Waste Heroes who are going above and beyond each day to collect and distribute this food! We are the change, the world needs now!
JOIN OUR TEAM!
In order to accelerate OLIO to its next level in growth and impact, we are recruiting for several Account Managers to
work on OLIO’s Food Waste Heroes programme and accelerate national scale ups with leading food brands in the UK. You will report into an experienced Senior Account Manager within the Food Waste Heroes Programme.
In this role you will be responsible for:
- ● Interacting with OLIO Food Waste Heroes (FWHs) who help our client become zero food waste via chat,
email and phone to qualify, onboard and answer their questions
- ● Managing surplus food collections from a select number of business locations in the UK
- ● Work with your line manager to address the client’s needs for the business locations you’re primarily
- ● Working towards both the business’ KPIs, as well as #1 company KPI which is growing the OLIO Community
- ● Managing collections schedule and recruiting of volunteers
- ● Monitoring FWHs compliance
- ● Managing our growing number of FWH volunteers ensuring they’re happy volunteers who love rescuing food
and giving back to the local community via OLIO
- ● Trouble-shooting and mediating between FWHs and the business locations involved, when things don’t go as planned
- ● Working on cross-team collaborative projects to improve efficiency of our internal processes
Once you have proven yourself you will have great freedom and autonomy, coupled with an enormous opportunity for personal development. OLIO is a remote-first company and our culture allows us to work together efficiently, effectively, autonomously whilst still feeling connected with your colleagues, especially during times of physical distancing due to Covid-19. We are an incredibly diverse team, originating from different parts of the world and working from different parts of the world. Yet we are one!
PS We wholeheartedly live for our mission, but have fun along the way!
IS THIS YOU?
Our ideal candidates will first and foremost be as passionate about our mission as we are! In addition to this, they will have the following experience and skills:
● Professional experience in a client or customer facing role
● Work, projects, university or voluntary work in the field of social good or environmentalism
● A high level of organisational skills and an immense attention to detail ● Ability to juggle multiple tasks and work towards deadlines
● Proactivity and a sense of ownership (accountability) for your work
● Articulate in speaking and writing
● Ability to break down complex problems into manageable chunks of work ● Comfortable using spreadsheets to analyse and manipulate data
And all OLIO team members share these attributes:
o Self-starters with a ‘can-do’ attitude
o Resourceful and creative
o Thorough, but able to move quickly and decisively o A ruthless ability to prioritise
o Diverse(20nationalities,20%LGBTQT+,early20sto40s) o Funtoworkwith☺
HOW TO APPLY
Please fill in our application form and upload your CV here.