To apply for this job please visit www.tokamakenergy.co.uk.
Location: Milton Park, Abingdon
Job type: Permanent
Overview of the role
The new Accounts Assistant will be an integral member of our small but dedicated finance team. Reporting directly to the Management Accountant, this position is fundamental to the smooth operation of the business. The business anticipates continued future growth and with it comes opportunities for personal development and progression within the company.
Main duties/role and responsibilities
- Process sales invoices and receipts
- Process supplier invoice, including PO matching
- Production of supplier payment runs
- Supplier reconciliations
- Analysis of credit card expenditure
- Process staff expenses
- Bank reconciliations
- Ensuring that policies and procedures are adhered to across the business
- Managing and responding in a timely manner to queries from the business
- Previous accounting experience (AAT or part CIMA qualified preferred)
- IT literate, specifically proficient in the use of Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience in using accounting software (Microsoft Dynamics or Business Central preferred)
- Attention to detail, accurate and methodical
- An ability to communicate and work effectively with non-finance staff
- Problem solving skills with the ability to investigate issues
- Ability to manage your time and meet deadlines
- Ability to maintain privacy and confidentiality
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Eligible for company share option scheme after 1 years’ service
- Company bonus scheme, discretionary, dependant on performance
- Private medical insurance after 3 months service
- Cycle to work scheme
Please note: Only candidates with the relevant skills and experience will be contacted regarding this position. If you do not hear back from us within 10 days of submitting, your application then unfortunately you have been unsuccessful. However, we may contact you in the future to discuss other opportunities.
No terminology in the advert or job description is intended to discriminate on the grounds of a person’s gender, marital status, race, religion, colour, age, disability or sexual orientation. Every candidate will be assessed only in accordance with their merits, qualifications and abilities to perform the duties of the job.
How to apply
If you are passionate about accelerating the development of fusion power and want to join our dynamic team, please send your CV with a covering letter detailing your experience to email@example.com.
Important information for candidates
Please note that the appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to standard pre-employment screening, as applicable to the post. This will include right-to-work, proof of identity and references.
Please note that any personal data submitted to Tokamak Energy as part of the job application process will be processed in accordance with the GDPR and related UK data protection legislation, for more information regarding GDPR please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation
Equality of opportunity
Entry into employment with the Tokamak Energy and progression within employment will be determined only by personal merit and the application of criteria which are related to the duties of each post and the relevant salary structure. In all cases, ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration. No applicant or member of staff shall be discriminated against because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.