We’re Pure Planet, the modern, digital energy supplier. We are a market-disrupting, consumer-focused digital renewable energy company. The really smart bit is that our electricity is 100% renewable, and our gas is 100% carbon offset.
We are looking for a dynamic finance professional with the ambition and drive to help propel our business through the provision of detailed, reliable financial information. You will support our Financial Controller and Finance Director with a detailed focus on the analysis and forecasting of our financial performance. You will also make a significant contribution to the delivery of monthly management and statutory accounts. The right candidate will have the chance to influence our wider, longer term strategy.
Your main responsibilities will include:
- Cashflow and business analysis and modelling
- Analysis and forecasting of revenue
- Assistance with the preparation of management and statutory accounts
- Assistance with the preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Ad-hoc financial analysis
You’ll be working with the finance team, a number of external partners, and reporting to our Financial Controller. This is an exciting opportunity for an ambitious candidate to join a progressive finance team, with the potential to develop and expand the role.
This is you
We’re looking for a bright spark who is curious, capable and has excellent attention to detail. It’s an exciting time to join us — we continue to grow at pace. Your role will evolve and diversify, and you’ll have every opportunity to influence and develop within our finance team.
We’ll be looking for the following from you:
- Recently qualified ACA or CIMA/ACCA with experience
- Ideally 2 years experience working in a similar role within the energy industry
- Very strong analytical skills with the ability and willingness to learn and use a range of analysis tools
- The ability to manage multiple activities
- Strong numeric, written and verbal communication skills
You’ll be passionate about our sustainable purpose, and be able to work confidently and take ownership.
This is us
We’re powering a cleaner, greener future, committed to helping Britain get to Net Zero emissions as soon as possible. If you want to make a difference in the world, our company is for you: it’s sustainable, built around the need for change, and to protect our environment. It also operates in one of the most rapidly changing markets in the UK, uses smart technology and a shared community to deliver a unique service to our members.
Pure Planet prides itself on being a great employer and is delighted to have come third in the Best Companies to Work for 2021 among medium-sized companies in the UK, having come second in the smaller category the year before.
We’re committed to enabling our members to save money on their energy bills in as sustainable way as possible. We wish to encourage the uptake of renewable technologies that meet the Pure Planet values of Smart; Sustainable and Shared.
- Private Medical Insurance
- Contributory pension scheme
- A minimum of 25 days holiday
- Life Assurance
- Cycle to work scheme
- Health cash plan
- Social events
- Discounted shopping benefits
- Professional development
- Opportunity to influence our proposition and shape our company
- Working with the rest of the team at Pure Planet
We celebrate diversity and know that it’s critical for our success at Pure Planet. We work hard to make sure we’re inclusive. So, if you are great at what you do and share our values, we want to hear from you.
If you need any adjustments made to the application or selection process so you can do your best, let us know. We will be happy to help. We review CV’s as we receive them and interview as soon as we receive good applications. We don’t use closing dates. So, please apply as soon as possible to avoid missing out on this role.