Location: Central London / Remote
Contract: Full Time (35 hours p/w)
Start date: ASAP
Reporting to: Director
We’re looking for a brilliant administrator with bookkeeping skills to join our purpose-driven team. You’ll work closely with the Finance Manager and members of the leadership team to support our growing environmental charity and social enterprise.
A typical day might include preparing shipping quotes for our world-beating Ballot Bin, organising events, issuing invoices and chasing up debtors.
Your responsibilities will include:
• You will help out with a wide range of routine and ad hoc admin tasks, from standard office paperwork to helping to arrange our training and away days.
• You will take ownership of our internal systems and record-keeping, making constant improvements to enhance the smooth running of the organisation.
• Assisting our Finance Manager with day-to-day tasks, including managing debtors and creditors; processing invoices and receipts, and preparing regular reports.
• Managing all regular bookkeeping tasks for our trading subsidiary, Hubbub Enterprise.
• Working with our Commercial Lead in Hubbub Enterprise, you will make sure that customers of our ‘Ballot Bin’, a public voting ashtray that cuts cigarette litter by 50% all around the world, receive stellar service.
• You will make sure all leads and orders are properly tracked and followed up, and maintain our sales database and pipeline.
• You take pride in your attention to detail and are known for your meticulous approach to everything you do.
• You have hands-on experience of a broad range of finance admin, probably at an SME, startup or charity.
• You have a customer-first view of sales and support and are dedicated to customer happiness.
• You have advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel and, preferably, are familiar with Xero.
• You are comfortable working independently, and confident enough to challenge errors and improve ways of working.
• Alignment with Hubbub’s values is essential.
Hubbub’s success and distinctiveness rests on the quality of our people. No matter where they are in their career, our employees are and should continue to be:
• Intellectually and politically curious and engaged.
• Proud of the work they do.
• Upbeat, motivated by difficult challenges, and tenacious in solving them.
• Creative, innovative and playful.
• Team players, sharing success and solving issues and challenges collaboratively.
• Organised, dedicated and conscientious, with fantastic attention to detail.
• Flexible, willing and able to respond to constant change and challenge.
• Committed to communicating in a way that is compelling, clear, accurate and accessible.
ABOUT HUBBUB AND OUR CULTURE
Our vision is to create a world where everyone is an environmentalist, (whether they realise it or not). We inspire ways of living that are good for the environment, by designing campaigns that make environmental action desirable. We disrupt the status quo to raise awareness, nudge behaviours and shape systems. We do this with knowledge and playfulness… and we won’t make you feel bad.
We’re committed to promoting diversity in our organisation and the work we do, and to creating an inclusive culture. We provide equal opportunities within our organisation and strongly encourage people of all backgrounds to apply for roles.
Give a damn about the environment: it’s authentically at the heart of everything we do because we’re committed to taking action on climate change and the environment. We care about the difference we make and are honest about our impact.
Curious: have an interest in people, places, trends, politics and the world we live in. Asks questions, seeks knowledge and has self direction to discover the answers. We have an eye for detail.
Entrepreneurial: nimble and brave enough to take risks. Trusting instincts to experiment without fear. Acts like a leader and embraces context and freedom over control and process. Proud of independent spirit. Takes initiative and responsibility.
Creative: re-imagining everything. Thinking outside the box. Trusting intuition and bringing magic to the everyday. Continually challenging our own status quo.
Playful: positive and playful to catch the imagination and make people smile, because the world is serious enough.
HOW WE WORK
We do things the Hubbub way:
• Research: We see environmental issues that need Hubbub’s action. We build ideas based on evidence and intuition. We gather insights and knowledge to understand the people and places we want to inspire.
• Collaborate: we believe the cause is bigger than the organisation. We build collaborations of organisations, big and small, who share our ambition.
• Design: We design campaigns that make environmental action desirable. We use behaviour change techniques, positive language and highlight the benefits. We use good design, seasonal hooks and a splash of playfulness.
• Experiment: we constantly experiment, measure and adapt what we do, to find out what has the biggest impact.
• Scale: We share what we discover, the good and the bad. When it works, we open source our ideas and build transformative opportunities that enable people to replicate and scale to have a bigger impact.