To apply for this job please visit www.tokamakenergy.co.uk.
Location: Milton Park, Abingdon
Job type: Temporary initially for 3 months, part time 3 days a week, Monday, Wednesday and Friday or flexible over 5 mornings
This role is to provide ‘front of house’ contact for all visitors and staff alike. It can be a busy environment with many visitors and contractors; the candidate will be expected to deal with all enquires and requests from visitors and staff and have responsibility for the day-to-day functioning of the reception area. The candidate will also be required to take on any administrative functions that will be required by other teams within the business.
The administrative assistant will be expected to have the confidence and knowledge to undertake their role with the minimum of supervision, but also know when to refer to their Line Manager or a senior staff member within the business. At all times the administrative assistant will need to conduct themselves with tact, discretion and the observance of confidentiality.
- Greeting and dealing with visitors, staff and contractors
- Managing of scheduling in relation to coronavirus testing that the company conducts
- Dealing with visitors – contact the person involved in the visit to advise of arrival, ensuring that contractors, service engineers etc are not given access to the building before being given permission to work
- Maintaining the supply of visitor’s access cards and issue as needed, making sure they are returned
- Maintaining the tidiness and organisation of the reception area;
- Dealing with incoming and outgoing post;
- Enquiries that are made by e-mail and telephone and dealing with accordingly;
- Hospitality and meeting room bookings;
- Booking travel;
- Setting up meeting rooms (tea/coffee etc)
- Organising business cards/posters
- Raising purchase orders during absences
- Helping the safety and facilities coordinator with company functions and office ordering
- Maintaining the telephone list
- Chasing suppliers for receipt of purchase orders and confirming delivery dates.
- Previous experience in a reception role or a customer service/facing role
- Data entry and PowerPoint presentation skills
- Well presented with excellent interpersonal skills, a polite and courteous manner along with a good telephone manner and the ability to with a broad range of people
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team, meeting tights deadlines
- Good IT skills and experience of MS office suite of programmes
- Willingness to take on a varied range of tasks to assist the administration, facilities and managerial teams
- Sensitivity to confidential information and security of the building
- 25 days holiday, pro rata (plus bank holidays)
- Company pension scheme
- Eligible for company share option scheme after 1 years’ service
- Company bonus scheme, discretionary, dependant on performance
- Private medical insurance after 3 months service
- Cycle to work scheme
How to apply
Please submit your CV with covering letter detailing your experience to email@example.com
Important information for candidates
Please note that the appointment of the successful candidate will be subject to standard pre-employment screening, as applicable to the post. This will include right-to-work, proof of identity and references.
Please note that any personal data submitted to Tokamak Energy as part of the job application process will be processed in accordance with the GDPR and related UK data protection legislation, for more information regarding GDPR please see: https://www.gov.uk/government/publications/guide-to-the-general-data-protection-regulation
Equality of Opportunity
Entry into employment with the Tokamak Energy and progression within employment will be determined only by personal merit and the application of criteria which are related to the duties of each post and the relevant salary structure. In all cases, ability to perform the job will be the primary consideration. No applicant or member of staff shall be discriminated against because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy or maternity, race, religion or belief, sex, or sexual orientation.