At Unreasonable Group, we believe entrepreneurs building rapidly scalable businesses are our best bet for solving the world’s most significant social and environmental challenges. Every day, our team strives to give these entrepreneurs tackling BFPs an “unfair advantage.” We do this by connecting entrepreneurs with the networks of mentors, investors, businesses, policy makers, and specialists they need to scale.
We are now searching for a talented Administrative Assistant (“Assistant”); one who prides him/herself with impeccable attention to detail, is voraciously passionate about execution, and loves streamlining communication and processes to maximize effectiveness.
Directly reporting to our COO and working closely with our five-person Senior Leadership Team in tandem with the Executive Assistant. The ideal candidate will demonstrate strategic thinking and an ability to execute on existing project management and organizational systems; show empathy and poise; is obsessively detail oriented, enjoys both the research of and the implementation of tasks; and is a team player in every way.
- Schedule meetings and manage complex calendars for multiple SLT members across multiple time zones.
- We are looking for a candidate on the East Coast to support Leadership Members in NYC and London, England
- To be clear, this role will entail heavy meeting scheduling.
- Experience with formal client communication preferred.
- Communicate regularly with the SLT to ensure they are apprised of changes to their calendars or to the work of their teams.
- Ensure that the SLT member is dialed into the needs of their team, programs and companwide responsibilities
- Manage a heavy travel schedule and arrange SLT member’s travel in accordance with their preferences and schedules.
- Maintain an accurate contact database (Copper) to track follow ups and action items. Send personal notes and gifts to key contacts and relationships as requested (ex: birthdays, holidays, thank you packages for mentors after they participate in an Unreasonable program…etc).
- Prepare and submit monthly expense reports in accordance with our accounting practices.
- Work closely with the Executive Assistant to the Senior Leadership Team to support our leadership team holistically and collaboratively
- Manage and care for your own health and energy to prevent burnout and avoid feeling overly stressed. This is a fast paced job with significant responsibility and hours will vary. You need to be comfortable in this environment and although it may sound antithetical to the role, we want to ensure you are able to prioritize your personal sense of well being above all else.
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR….
- You are process driven and proactive. You anticipate problems and fix them before they occur. You are nimble and patient in response to unexpected changes.
- You recognize what’s most important to tackle, in what order, and are prepared to make informed, independent decisions.
- You are a flawless multi-tasker, able to seamlessly shift between people, tasks, modes of communication, and technology platforms.
- You take pride in accuracy and professionalism. You show great attention to detail, thoroughness, and follow-through; you believe that when work is done well, the magic is in the details.
- You are VERY comfortable with calendar management of complex schedules and meeting organization across parties and time zones.
- You consider yourself an:
- Expert in Google Docs, Sheets, Slides, and Gmail
- Expert or a very quick learner on CRM platforms (we use Copper)
- Highly proficient with communication tools: Slack, Project Tracking Systems (BaseCamp), WhatsApp, etc.
- You are not the type of person who says, “That’s not my job.”You are always on time with everything you do.
- You don’t hesitate to ask for help when it is needed and before it is too late.
- You demonstrate courage and optimism. You use excellent communication skills to gain the context necessary to perform tasks.
- You don’t hesitate to speak truth to power. If an SLT member is falling behind on key priorities or not being as effective as possible when strategy demands it, you will not hesitate to tell them that they need to self-correct. You are candid, honest, and kind in your feedback, but you do not hold back.
- You are a trusted confidant. You do not give in to workplace gossip — it’s not in your nature.
- You believe deeply in the importance of transparent and honest communication in what you write, how you interact with your team, and by always following up and following through on your word.
- You’re curious and passionate about entrepreneurship and strive to work with a team that is oriented around a mission of solving pressing global challenges – the rhythms and dynamics that make Unreasonable work.
- As you read about Unreasonable’s core values, you get more and more excited with each value you come across.
Required Education and Experience
- Experience is gained in many different ways across a multitude of avenues. Here at Unreasonable, we are committed to building a diverse team and fostering an inclusive environment. As guidance, we expect this hire to come with 2 years of experience in an administrative capacity within a client services related field, with particular aptitude for complex calendar management and organization.
- August 31st: Application goes live.
- September 14th: Your application is due.
- September 16th -18th: If you are invited to the next round of the process, we will schedule a 20 minute phone call with you.
- September 18th -22nd: We will give select applicants a small “trial project” representative of the type of work associated with this position. Though we will give you 5 days to finish your “trial project,” it should only take a few hours to complete.
- September 24th – September 29th: Assuming both of us want to continue exploring the potential of working together, we’ll invite you to interview with our team.
- October 1st – 2nd: We will conduct reference checks on the two to three most compelling applicants for this position.
- October 5th: Assuming you made it through the reference checks, you will be notified whether or not the position is yours.
- October 26th: Ideally, those accepted will be able to join the company no later than October 26th, 2020.
“The object of life’s journey is not to arrive at the grave safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, totally worn out, shouting, ‘Holy Sh*t, What a Ride!’”—Mavis Leyrer
At Unreasonable, our goal is to become a global brand with a diverse team that is representative of the community we serve. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, religion, creed, sex, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, genetic information, sexual orientation, political affiliation or any other non-job-related factors. We value diversity and are committed to building a team and an inclusive culture that represents a global perspective of experiences, skills, backgrounds, and expertise. The more inclusive we are, the better we can deliver our mission of driving resources to and breaking down barriers for entrepreneurs solving BFPs.