At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world’s leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
We’re recognised by LinkedIn as the top UK startup of 2020, and recently announced plans to list on the Nasdaq with an expected valuation of $5.4bn.
- Engineering design analysis through development of aero, thermal and cooling modelling workflows for Arrival’s electric vehicles
- Providing direction and input to the engineering & industrial design teams of Arrival’s vehicles to steer the development in such a way as to meet all aero-thermal targets
- Internal and external aerodynamics simulation
- Parameterise simulation space for pre, solve, and post tasks of CAE workflows
- Build simulation modelling portfolio of different vehicles
- Collaborate with Rapid Engineering Design team to automate processes and entire computational workflows
- Support Arrival teams to coordinate vehicle requirements and analysis results
- Verify and validate models with experimental/telemetry team
- Contribute towards engineering optimisation on system level as well as entire vehicle
- Project manage external resources
- Review, update and maintain best practice aero-thermal guidelines
- Report status and escalate conflicts to the Lead Aero-Thermal Engineer
- Minimum MEng/MSc in Mechanical Engineering, or equivalent technical degree, ideally a PhD in a computational physics field
- Excellent programming and scripting skills in python, bash and Java
- Experience in thermal modelling, cooling modelling and analysis with at least one commercial and one open-source solver
- Modelling portfolio that includes, thermal/cooling modelling of automotive systems e.g. radiators, powertrain, gearboxes, brakes, ideally in electric vehicles
- Experience in using Computational Fluid Dynamics and multi-physics modelling using Open
- FoamTrack record in process automation of computational modelling
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.