You’ll work within the Origination & Execution team looking at potential M&A deals, to assess and create detailed investment cases for a range of corporate renewable energy investments across the region. Playing a key role in the team to assess the financial viability of a range of renewable energy investments.
- Preparation of financial models for the acquisition and project financing of renewable energy projects based on project-specific characteristics and assumptions
- Collaborate in the semi-annual valuation of the EMEA portfolio, including updating financial models for the latest assumptions and running sensitivity analysis together with the Valuations team
- Structure transactions to establish the best approach to maximise returns
- Assist in the preparation of investment committee presentations for new opportunities.
- Preparing due diligence questions for company management and external advisors and assist in the preparation of all internal and external due diligence reports.
- Review and assist in the negotiation of investment legal documentation.
- Data room management support in investment/divestment processes.
- Liaise with external advisers and intermediaries
- Initial quantitative and qualitative appraisal of transactions to establish whether sectors and specific deals are worth pursuing
- Research the infrastructure and renewables sector with focus on primary transactions
- Analyse and compare investment opportunities, utilising discounted cash flow and multiples based analysis
Skills Knowledge and Expertise
You’ll need to hit the ground running and be comfortable operating at a rapid pace with (sometimes) high levels of ambiguity and the pressure of deadlines.
- Strong academic background
- Studying towards or completed an ACA/CFA or equivalent
- Excellent financial modeller – strong understanding of best practice principles, able to construct models from scratch, operate and manage them
- Detailed understanding of financial statements – P&L, cash flow and balance sheet
- Excellent communication skills, capable of presenting financial / energy consumption data
- Proficient with Excel & experience with MS Word and PowerPoint
- Entrepreneurial mindset, proactive and flexible
- Strong organisation and attention to detail
- Knowledge of the renewables sector advantageous
- Practical and commercial approach
- Ability to manage multiple and shifting priorities
- Team player able to thrive in a cross-cultural environment
- Fluency in any other European language is a plus