To apply for this job please visit sympower.bamboohr.com.
Sympower is an international clean tech scale-up with offices in 5 different countries and 24 different nationalities. Sympower was founded in 2015, driven by the mission of shaping an intelligent and green power system via advanced flexibility software solutions that enhance the value of energy assets. Sympower is growing fast and has been recognised as one of the eleven scale-ups selected for the Techleap Rise programme, featuring tech scale-ups which are contributing to flatten the climate curve. Our international team is driven by achieving together, focusing on impact and acting responsibly with our environment.
Learn more about us in this video!
We are looking for a talented Analytics Engineer to join Sympower’s data team. Get to know our Software Engineering team in this video. Let’s build the future of energy systems together!
Our platform collects and stores large amounts of data of various types relevant to grid balancing. At Sympower we see data as the oil that keeps business processes running smoothly and efficiently. We want to make data easily accessible to the business by turning them into useful information, knowledge, and insights that our colleagues and customers can use to perform better in their work and to run their operations smoothly. The responsibility for this lies within Sympower’s Data Team.
Our Data Team
The Data Team is responsible for all the data related activities within Sympower and is part of the larger Engineering Team, which is responsible for the platform as a whole. The team supports the Product Team with the development of data products and works closely together with the rest of the Engineering Team in order to ensure proper integration of the data products within the larger platform. The Data Team has been operational for over a year now and we are in the early phases of delivering data products to our colleagues and customers by building the data infrastructure that makes this possible. This makes it an exciting time to join the team and have an impact on the data products we deliver, how the delivery is done, and the way the team works, both now and in the future.
What you’ll do:
In your role as Analytics Engineer, you will be responsible for data extraction, data processing and delivering data products, for example in the form of datasets, reports and visualisations. In that sense you are the bridge between Data Engineers and the business. You are involved from the initial concept of these products to their final delivery in production. You will work with various data tools, techniques and methodologies and keep track of relevant developments within the field.
During you daily job, you will work on setting up data models and developing ETL/ELT processes with languages/technologies such as SQL, Python & Spark using software engineering best practices. Additionally, you will be prototyping and building reports and other visualisations. You will use your strong communication skills to discover, together with the business teams, how these can bring the most value to Sympower.
You have broad and proven experience in the field of data analytics / Business Intelligence (BI). This includes:
- Data modeling techniques, e.g. Kimball, Inmon, etc.
- ETL/ELT development
- Data storage technologies, e.g. Data Marts, Data Warehouses, Data Lake, Lake House, etc.
- Building (BI) reports, dashboards, visualisations
- Coding skills, following software engineering best practices, delivering production-grade pipelines
- Work in a structured and organised way
- Fast learner and can adapt quickly
- Can work independently and as part of a team
- Have an affinity with working in a fast-paced/growing scale-up company
- Have good communication skills
- Able to present well and communicate with the business in a efficient and constructive way
- Fluent in English
- Available to work full time
- Python, Spark (Pyspark), Databricks
- Big Data processing, distributed data
- Data science/data engineering/MLOps
- Impactful work – you have the opportunity to contribute to the fight against climate change
- Motivational base pay and opportunity to join our Employee Participation Plan
- International and fast-paced environment
- Team get-togethers multiple times per year in different countries
- Flexible working hours and remote work
- Office in the centre of Amsterdam
Sympower is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage a diverse workforce and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees!
MESSAGE TO RECRUITMENT AGENCIES: support for filling this position is not required, so proposals for recruitment services will be ignored!