To apply for this job please visit taptapsend.recruiterbox.com.
Taptap Send is VC-backed (including by Reid Hoffman), rapidly growing and a great place for those looking for both impact and a fast-paced tech startup environment. Read more about the journey in Reid Hoffman’s words.
Our product is an app-based solution that lets immigrants send money back home to emerging markets instantly and at very low prices. Since launching in summer 2018, we’ve already moved tens of millions of dollars and reached tens of thousands of customers. We’re live in seven European countries, and we support payments into Senegal, Mali, Zambia, Guinea, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, DR Congo, and Bangladesh; with lots more countries launching soon.
Global remittances account for over $500 billion annually, most of which moves back into developing countries. But the market is dominated by traditional services that are expensive, can take days to arrive, and have limited reach in rural areas. We’re helping people to send that money instantly and securely at a fraction of the cost.
In addition to Reid Hoffman, we are backed by Canaan, Flourish Ventures, Helios and others. Our team is based across London, New York, Paris and Brussels and we pride ourselves on hiring exceptional talent — our team members come from a wide variety of top-tier tech companies, professional services firms, and industry leaders, including Twitter, Yahoo, Amazon, Google, McKinsey, Bain & Co, KPMG, Cravath, and Vodafone.
To continue our rapid growth, we’re looking to bring on people who are passionate about our mission and excited to work in a small start-up environment. We have competitive salary and stock options and great benefits, and we were recently rated one of the best companies to escape to by Escape the City’s “Escape 100”.
We are looking for an insight driving analytical powerhouse to help us in our next phase of growth. If your passion is wrangling data sets, generating insights, pursuing complex cross-functional problems and influencing decisions made across the business, then this is the role for you!
No challenge is too small — or too large! You’ll enjoy working with and communicating results to a range of partners. You’ll report into the Strategy & Analytics Director but provide support across the organization, bringing a data and analytics focused perspective to all our key decisions.
- Lead our internal analytics — You’ll lead on day-to-day analytics in the business, supporting teams with both regular and ad hoc data analysis, identifying areas for analytics improvements and helping teams understand drivers and assess performance as we scale
- Work collaboratively — You’ll work across the customer service, customer acquisition, business development, operations and product teams to produce reporting and analysis answering key business questions
- Be a key partner in ensuring Taptap Send is data-centric — You’ll develop best practices and processes around data management, data requests, and prioritization. You will work with operating and engineering teams to ensure we capture the right data and use the right tools we need as we continue to scale
- 2+ years of data analytics experience in a consulting or in-house (preferably start-up) role
- Strong SQL skills, and able to handle large & complex data structures from multiple sources required
- Experience structuring, solving and presenting sophisticated problems to senior management
- A passion for using data and visualizations to tell stories and answer difficult questions
- Experience building dashboards with business intelligence tools
- Experience with other analytics tools, from Mixpanel to Zendesk Explore, an advantage
- Ability to work independently and balance priorities
- ‘No task too small’ mentality
- Right to work in the UK or Belgium
Accept reality, propose solutions.
Win with grit.
Be proactively candid, with yourself and others.
Love the particular.
Create positive energy. Maybe, even have fun.
- Competitive salary (based on experience)
- 25 days, public holidays + Pipio day!
- Flexible hours
- Employer pension contributions
- Regular team events
- Professional development opportunities (e.g. language lessons, trainings, etc.)
- Taptap equipment (laptop, accessories)
- Work from home desk stipend
- Private health insurance