Looking to use your design skills to create a better world? Interested in working at the cutting edge of sustainable and Circular Economy interior design?
We are a sustainable design and furnish company disrupting the office furniture industry by creating wonderful offices at 80% less environmental impact and half the cost of furnishings made from virgin resources.
We are looking for a mid-level Architect/Interior Designer, who shares our passion for creating beautiful, sustainable and affordable offices. You may be an Interior Designer, Interior Architect, Architect or have a similar background with the ability to take a project from first client meeting through to completion.
About the Company:
Our ambition is to become a successful global office furniture and office design company though our circular economy business model that is creating positive impact on the world.
With a structurally lower cost base, vertical integration and purpose-driven approach, Rype Office is a leader in the Circular Economy and is rapidly disrupting the office furniture market.
We design beautiful award-winning offices which incorporate remanufactured office furniture, reclaimed flooring, plants that clean toxins from the air, biophilia and a range of other sustainable features. For more information about Rype Office please visit our website: www.rypeoffice.com
We are looking for a Designer who is capable of successfully leading office fitouts from concept to completion. The successful candidate will be responsible for client relationship management, design development, production of visuals, design documentation, pricing, and ensuring that the Project Manager and delivery team achieve your design intentions.
This is an important role, as you will be representing the company working with customers, suppliers and contractors. You will be comfortable working on multiple projects at the same time. You will be part of our award-winning team of four designers. You will learn leading edge biophilic and sustainable design approaches from our Founder who has been at the forefront of sustainable design for 20 years. You will also develop your knowledge of sustainable furnishings.
Your role will include:
▪ Overseeing the design and installation of each project from concept to completion, working with our passionate procurement, remanufacturing and installation teams
▪ Managing the client relationship including:
– initial meetings with prospective clients
– understanding client requirements
– presenting design ideas and graciously incorporating client feedback
– working collaboratively with clients to design their offices and articulate the designs in drawings in mood boards
– writing proposals, including FFE schedules and pricing
– on-site progress meetings
▪ Creating drawings on Sketchup/similar
▪ Selecting colours and fabrics
▪ Working with our Buying team to source furniture
▪ Ensuring that the installation meets your design intentions
▪ Managing multiple projects in parallel
▪ Representing the business at events and promoting its services to generate new enquiries.
Note that we do not sell what we do – instead we educate clients and they choose us due to our strong value proposition
The successful candidate will be:
▪ Passionate about creating a more sustainable world
▪ Outgoing and comfortable educating new potential clients about our compelling offering
▪ Well organised, able to work on multiple projects in parallel while using a structured approach to deliver on every promise
▪ Commercially astute with strong attention to detail
▪ Practical and creative, and understands how furniture, flooring, walls, colours and fabrics interact to bring a vision to fruition
▪ Confident communicator, comfortable interacting with clients and explaining the logic behind a design
▪ At ease working with clients from different sectors such as government, commercial and not-for-profit
▪ Able to meet with prospective and new clients across the UK
The successful candidate will have:
▪ A degree or Masters in Interior Design, Interior Architecture or Architecture
▪ A minimum of 6 years post-graduate experience
▪ Proficiency in MS Office with high competence in drawing software
▪ Excellent verbal and written communication skills
▪ Flexibility to work on occasional weekends and public holidays as required to meet commercial and client needs.
▪ A current UK driving license and willingness to travel (site visits, meetings etc)
We expect that this role would suit someone with at least 6 years of commercial design experience. And ideally proven experience of successfully creating beautiful, sustainable offices.
You will be based at Rype Office’s premises in West London with the ability to work from home several days per week.
Your salary will be competitive and depend on experience.
Send your application, comprising a cover note explaining why you are suitable for this role and your CV, to Georgette at firstname.lastname@example.org.