Location – London / Bristol
6 month FTC
The OVO Group’s purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach Plan Zero, we need everyone to come together – not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. As part of this ambitious plan, our goal is to become the ‘Leading Employer in the UK’ by 2030. If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure!
We launched in 2009 with a mission to change energy for the better. Since then, we’ve welcomed over a million members, planted a million trees, and set our sights on helping save the planet.
As a Group, we’re working to become a net zero carbon business by 2030, while helping our OVO Energy members halve their carbon footprints at the same time.
Green energy and technology are great tools to fight the climate crisis with. But it’s people power that will rewrite history.
So we’re building a zero carbon team inside and out. Of people who share our values, feel inspired by our mission, and want to make change happen. When you work for OVO, it’s not just a job. It’s the work of a lifetime. And we want the sharpest minds to help.
Up for the challenge?
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
Reporting into the Senior Designer for the Experience Migration project, the Creative Studio Artworker will play an exciting role in one of the most exceptional tasks our business has undertaken to date.
We’re after a fun, ambitious, and gifted Artworker to work across our portfolio of energy brands, and improve the lives of millions of customers. This role will deliver multiple digital and print communications – consistently, concisely and in our brand guidelines.
We believe our brands to be transformative in the world – they do more than just sell energy. We need you to think big, and articulate your creativity in the most compelling and inspiring way however big or small the project is. The role will be as varied as it is fun.
Your daily output will involve strong layout, detail oriented presentational work, creation of full marketing assets, sourcing images, ideation and moodboarding.
You’ll champion our customers, have their experience at heart, and use brilliant, brand-appropriate design to help them understand the changes we’re making to their energy experience. Always hands on, learning as you go, this role should be bucket loads of fun!
What will I be doing?
You will be part of a tight-knit creative studio of writers, project managers and designers – set up to work purely on this change project – but you will have regular engagement with the brand and marketing team for support and guidance. You will also be hands on with cross functional teams from marketing, tech, compliance all the way to the UX/UI community.
- Guard the brands you work with and ensure guidelines are always followed
- Work with the project team to ensure the integrity of the original concept/brief is met at each stage of the project
- Make sure all print and digital projects are executed within the timeline and schedule
- Managing personal workload and schedules while actively responding to fluctuating project workloads, you’ll work with studio project managers who will schedule and brief in your work
- Be proactive and positive and to embrace and be motivated by the prospect of being challenged, looking to make an impact in the wider business
- Champion the brand across all comms
- Crop and retouch imagery for final use online
- Artwork copy in situ on email templates and letters ahead of HTML build
- Understand the creative vision of the department, working to templates and design tool kits from the design teams
- Contribute to other team member’s workload as directed
- Raise workload/resource issues
Is this the job for me?
This person will have a track record in delivering creative work for Digital, Marketing, Product and Internal Brand teams ideally in fast paced, retailing environments. They will also have experience supporting a wider team with key initiatives. They will have;
- A wealth of design experience, preferably in an e-commerce artworking role
- Excellent knowledge of Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign & After Effects) Figma and sketch
- Brand awareness and understanding of strategy based logic
- Proven track record with creating excellent artwork from concept to production
- Proven experience in artworking effective banners and emails
- Passionate about design and brands with a proactive personality
- Innovative style, quick and calm thinking skills and a passion for problem solving
- Eagle eyed detail orientation with a focus on deadlines and successful delivery
- An open mind – and willingness to receive feedback
- A passion for learning
- Have a flair for typography and strong layout skills
- Confidence – especially when it comes to expressing ideas, brainstorming with designers/other copywriters and communicating with other team member
- Experience working with Marketing and Product teams
- Experience working within regulated industries a benefit
- Energy and positivity; the person everyone wants to have in the room
From us you’ll get*
- An annual discretionary bonus
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
- And many more…
(*) Please note that certain benefits kick-in once you have passed probation which can be up to 6 months after your start date.
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work – flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.