To apply for this job please visit res-group.csod.com.
Do you want to work to make Power for Good?
We’re the world’s largest independent renewable energy company. We’re driven by a simple yet powerful vision: to create a future where everyone has access to affordable, zero carbon energy.
We know that achieving our ambitions would be impossible without our people. Because we’re tackling some of the world’s toughest problems, we need the very best people to help us. They’re our most important asset so that’s why we continually invest in them.
RES is a family with a diverse workforce, and we are dedicated to the personal professional growth of our people, no matter what stage of their career they’re at. We can promise you rewarding work which makes a real impact, the chance to learn from inspiring colleagues from across a growing, global network and opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
Our competitive package offers rewards and benefits including pension schemes, flexible working, and top-down emphasis on better work-life balance. We also offer private healthcare, discounted green travel, 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell five days per annum, enhanced family leave and four volunteering days per year so you can make an impact somewhere else.
To manage several operational Battery Energy Storage Systems (BESS) and potentially other renewable energy assets, ensuring adherence to best practice for safety, quality and environmental performance, whilst maximizing revenue and enhancing community and stakeholder engagement through the project lifecycle.
The Asset Manager will be the focal point for the project throughout the operational lifecycle and will oversee the daily management of the asset and promote and enhance the asset performance.
The Asset Manager will also manage project budgets and asset operating plans.
The Asset Manager will manage BESS but may manage other technology types (e.g. solar and wind) depending on departmental requirements.
- Be the primary focal point for delivering the Asset Management Agreement(s) and main client contact point.
- Ensure that all operating assets follow statutory requirements for Health, Safety and Environmental performance.
- Ensure assets comply with project specific requirements following local authority planning requirements, grid company connection conditions and power purchase agreements. Manage SPV contracts to ensure all service providers in compliance with agreements.
- Co-ordinate performance of several operating BESS assets. This may involve supervision of sub-contractors or overseeing the work of management contractors.
- Contribute to continuous improvement to identify and implement operational improvements to maximise Net Asset Value of operating assets
- Develop community relations in the project locality, including managing landowner and community relationships and ensuring accurate and timely payments to stake holders.
- Prepare management reports
- Health and safety management systems
- Quality and environmental management systems
- Work control procedures, all in the context of operational assets.
- Strong commercial awareness
- Team work
- Good interpersonal skills
- Planning and organising
- Attention to detail
- Asset management experience with operational BESS or other renewable energy projects
- Budget preparation and management
- Contract management
- Contractor management
- Familiarity with computerised SCADA systems and maintenance management systems
- Prepare management reports in an accurate and timely way.
- Engineering/Science degree or equivalent experience.
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.