Lime’s mission is to realize a future for transportation that is shared, electric and carbon-free. As the world’s leading provider of shared electric vehicles, Lime partners with cities to deploy electric bikes, scooters and mopeds to serve any trip under five miles. One of Time Magazine’s 100 Most Influential Companies in 2021, Lime has powered more than 200 million rides in more than 150 cities across five continents, spurring a new generation of clean alternatives to car ownership. Learn more at li.me!
We are hiring a Assistant Controller to join our growing Accounting team! In this role, you will be part of our global supply chain and vehicle accounting function and will report to the Global Corporate Controller.
Do you enjoy building and improving scalable and controlled processes and automation? Are you looking for a position where you will set policies and procedures to account for the largest scooter fleet in the world? If you so, this role is perfect for you!
This is a US Based Remote position!
What you’ll do:
- Establish and review accounting policies and procedures for our supply chain vehicle asset purchases for proper capitalization, asset management system records and transactions, reconciliations for assigned accounts and assisting in audits and month-end close.
- Collaborate with cross-functional partners within procurement, logistics, supply chain, operations, finance, and tax
- Support and help drive an accelerated close process required for public company readiness
- Lead the consolidated and subsidiaries’ monthly close process around vehicle and fixed assets, and spare parts inventory. This includes cost accounting accruals, vehicle assets / inventory costing, depreciation, obsolescence, and disposals.
- Manage the consolidated and subsidiaries’ vehicle assets register / subledger balance sheet reviews, account reconciliations / vehicle and fixed assets rollforwards
- Design and launch processes and controls around vehicle and other fixed assets, spare parts inventories, and cycle counts
- Understand complex, international supply chain processes, ensuring support and documentation of intermarket movement of vehicle assets
- Establish and communicate Company policies and procedures around the procurement of vehicle assets and related standard costing, depreciation, spare parts inventory, disposal, and reporting
- Analyze monthly results, trends, and variances related to vehicle assets, estimated useful life, depreciation, standard costs, and investigate as needed
- Partner with the tax team to support efforts related to statutory compliance, VAT, property, and other taxes
- Partner with the technical accounting team to support research, implementation, and documentation of relevant US and international accounting standards to support our vehicle assets
- Act as primary contact within accounting for business applications, systems implementation, and process initiatives related to supply chain management and vehicle asset cost accounting
- Prepare or review accounting entries, reconciliations, and other analysis
- Manage the work of our shared service center’s vehicle assets and cost accounting team
- Execute special projects and complete other ad hoc assignments as required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or a related field
- CPA/Chartered Accountant or equivalent a plus
- 10 to 12+ years professional accounting or combined relevant experience
- 5+ years in a related accounting or finance management role
- Experience with supply chain management / fixed assets systems required; NetSuite experience preferred
- Cost accounting / standard costing experience, preferably in shared micromobility, transportation, manufacturing, or retail
- Experience implementing ERPs, Netsuite, Oracle, SAP and other cloud-based solutions
- Knowledge of relevant US GAAP is essential
- Experience in a high growth international environment
- Demonstrated experience with Excel, and other financial systems and software required
- Outside of the box thinker, with the ability to overcome roadblocks and ambiguity, and perform under pressure
- Ability to read and interpret contracts, lease agreements, and legal documents
- Ability and flexibility to interact and collaborate at all levels throughout our organization, across multiple time zones
- Ability to work independently and effectively organize, prioritize, and manage projects and resources
What we offer
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation in cities around the world with the leader in urban mobility solutions.
- Scale with a rapidly growing organization, with significant opportunity for growth.
- Play a role in the transformation of urban mobility and sustainability.
- Work with a team of successful, fun and motivated people.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
At Lime, we strive to build a workforce composed of individuals with diverse backgrounds, abilities, minds, and identities that will help us to grow as a company and as individuals. Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This job cannot be performed within Colorado.