Closing Date:13 December 2021
First Interview Dates:Week commencing 4th January 2022
About the role
Are you a Part-Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA candidate who is looking to complete your qualification? Are you concerned about the Climate Crisis and want to do something positive about it? Join our global Finance team as an Assistant Management Accountant and we will provide support to help you finish your studies and become a fully qualified accountant.
We are a legal and environmental charity that uses the power of the law to fight against climate change and to protect nature and the environment. Our finance team currently comprises of 22 colleagues working across our offices in London, Brussels, Warsaw, Madrid, Berlin and Beijing.
In this role you will be working alongside the Financial Planning and Analysis Manager to assist in the production of monthly management accounts, providing support to our budget holders and to a busy finance team.
Meet your Manager
In this role, you will be managed by our Financial Planning and Analysis Manager, Rebecca Kinsambwe who is based in our London office. Rebecca joined ClientEarth in 2020 and has previously worked in a number of Finance roles for not-for-profit organisations including CLIC Sargent, Build Africa and Saferworld. In her spare time, Rebecca is a Trustee for the Evergreen Care Trust.
- Assist in the production of monthly management accounts
- Assist in the production of financial Key Performance Indicators
- Prepare and upload journals
- Assist with regular reviews of transactions for correct coding
- Provide direction, challenge and review of budgets and forecasts
- Contribute to the Year-End process
- Assist with statutory and donor audits
See the job description (below) for a full list of duties for this role.
- Part-Qualified ACA/ACCA/CIMA. Looking to complete your qualification – Study support provided
- Experience of working within charity finance and especially working with restricted and unrestricted funds in different currencies and coding to specific projects
- Experience of working with Access Dimensions, FocalPoint or other similar accounting packages
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office, particularly of large excel spreadsheet functionality including Lookups, pivot tables, data sorting
- Fluent (CEFR level C2) in English
See the job description (below) for a full list of requirements for this role.
Have a question about this job? Please visit our Careers site for advice on applying, FAQs, and more.
Flexible working: Post-covid, we are giving our staff the choice to decide where they want to work for 80% of their month, with the other 20% of their month being office-based. See our Benefits page for more.
ClientEarth values diversity and inclusion and the benefits this brings. We aim to appoint the most suitable candidate at all times and welcome applications from people from all different backgrounds. We particularly encourage applications from black, Asian, and minority ethnic (BAME) candidates, as these groups are currently under-represented in our organisation.
Please note that ClientEarth is only able to employ those who have the pre-existing legal right to work in the UK.
ClientEarth is not a law firm and does not provide legal advice or legal services to third parties.