To apply for this job please visit ccfe.amrislive.com.
Nuclear fusion, the process that powers the Sun, can play a big part in our carbon-free energy future. The UK Atomic Energy Authority is the worlds` leading fusion research laboratory aiming to lead the commercial development of fusion power and related technology.
As an Assistant Procurement Manager, you will be joining an inclusive and supportive environment involved in a wide variety of projects ranging from Robotics, Materials Testing, Facilities Management, Construction, Research & Development, tritium processing and fusion technologies. There has never been a more exciting time to join UKAEA due to the rapid growth we are experiencing as an organisation and consequently the procurement department!
Key areas of responsibility will include:
– Delivering procurement support across the organisation, providing advice, guidance and completion of projects and complex tenders for the growing R&D portfolio within UKAEA.
– Providing support and guidance for members of the procurement team
– Ensuring UKAEA is compliant with European Commission and UK directives for procurement in the public sector
– Supporting UKAEA in achieving its milestones and also impacting the achievement of BEIS targets and milestones
– Negotiating with the relevant parties (internal and external) to arrive at appropriate commercial agreements.
– Providing advice to senior managers on contractual strategies
– Contributing to problem solving and decision making to develop specification requirements.
– Managing contracts from tender through to closure. This will include evaluation of bids, ensuring that value for money is obtained at all times, negotiation of appropriate commercial agreements, resolving claims and disputes.
– Providing general support, advice and coaching/delivery of training on commercial matters.
– Contributing to the evolution of UKAEA`s commercial terms and conditions, policies and working practices.
– Identifying opportunities for improvements and propose solutions in order to contribute to continuous improvement
At UKAEA we strive to make everyone feel welcome and fully supported. We welcome applications from under-represented groups, particular from individuals from black and other ethnic minority backgrounds, including nationality and citizenship, people with disabilities, (visible and hidden) and women. Our Inclusion Ambassadors are actively promoting and advancing diversity and inclusion in the organisation to help make our organisation an employer of choice. UKAEA has a graded career structure and our mentoring scheme will enable you to reach your true potential.
The UKAEA hosts and manages the JET nuclear fusion energy experiment on behalf of the EU and is also home to the UK`s MAST-U fusion energy experiment. UKAEA also works with industry and other third parties to develop new technologies currently in Remote Handling and Materials research. Following recent UK funding two new centres of excellence in tritium fuel handling and component testing and validation are being built. The culture at UKAEA promotes research, innovation and leading edge technological excellence, whilst investing in its people.
For further information on why UKAEA is a great place to work please review our recruitment video via the following link:
For full details on the role, UKAEA and our benefits please download the application pack.
– Experience of Public Sector Procurement and understanding of OJEU.
– A good technical appreciation of the range of procurement Public Sector categories
– Good procurement strategic knowledge and experience.
– Excellent interpersonal skills
– Commercially astute and customer focused
– Good negotiation skills
– Possess strong verbal and written communication skills
– Be a good team player with ability to work effectively as part of the Group Procurement Team
Selection Methods and Notes:
– As part of the selection process you may be expected to complete work based simulation exercises and a personality profile either online or onsite.
– Please be advised that this vacancy may close earlier than stated if large or sufficient numbers of applications are received.
– Please note UKAEA do not pay travel expenses for interviews.
– We actively promote equality and value diversity in our workforce. We operate a number of flexible working arrangements (such as part-time working/job share/home working). Flexible working may be available with this role.
– Please note all employees working at the UK Atomic Energy Authority will be required to complete an online Disclosure Certificate application as part of their clearance – The Disclosure & Barring Service (DBS) checks will show the details of all current criminal convictions (convictions considered unspent under the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974) or will confirm that there are no such convictions.