Lime’s mission is to realize a future for transportation that is shared, electric and carbon-free. As the world’s leading provider of shared electric vehicles, Lime partners with cities to deploy electric bikes, scooters and mopeds to serve any trip under five miles. One of Time Magazine’s 100 Most Influential Companies in 2021, Lime has powered more than 200 million rides in more than 150 cities across five continents, spurring a new generation of clean alternatives to car ownership. Learn more at li.me!
We are looking for an outstanding leader to join our fast-growing team as Associate Counsel for North America, South America, and Asia-Pacific. You will advise on a range of legal issues at one of the fastest growing startups in history. This position will allow you the opportunity to develop as an in-house lawyer achieving growth in seniority, scope, and expertise. A strong candidate for this role is quick to adapt and not afraid to work in new subject-matter areas.
What You’ll Do
- Serve as the main legal advisor and strategic partner to core regions in North America, developing strong trusted relationships with clients and stakeholders
- Review, interpret, draft, revise, and negotiate commercial contracts, including data licensing agreements, marketing and promotional agreements, supply and services agreements, and software licensing agreements
- Review, draft, and negotiate municipal operating permits, MOUs, and contracts
- Serve as a strategic partner to, and problem solver alongside, the Government Relations and Operations teams to triage issues affecting Lime’s local market operations
- Review products and initiatives to advise business partners on a range of laws, regulations, and industry best practices, with a focus on privacy, data use and security, consumer protection, content/media, durable and digital consumer goods, product liability, and intellectual property laws
- Work effectively across business units and internal functions to resolve complex business and risk management issues
- Manage outside counsel relationships as necessary.
- JD/law degree and bar admission in at least one state or jurisdiction
- 3-5+ years relevant experience
- Proven high-performing legal experience
- Ability to manage a diverse and complex workload while identifying correct internal and external partners to achieve business objectives
- Ability to work well under pressure with diligence, organization, and minimal supervision, and provide practical, business-friendly advice to clients
- Strong analytical and strategic skills; ability to drive issues to a quick resolution that factors in many non-legal variables, such as brand-risk, communications, government relations, tax, insurance, finance and other business units
- High degree of professional ethics and integrity
- Ability to anticipate legal issues or risks and to build the processes and systems to prevent them from occurring
What We Offer
- Opportunity to revolutionize transportation with the leader in urban mobility solutions
- Ability to drive direction and make sizable impact at a rapidly growing global organization
- Work with a fun, collaborative, and motivated team
- Competitive salary and benefits
Lime is an Equal Opportunity Employer, but that’s only the start. We want people with different backgrounds, abilities, identities, and mindsets to join us—not just to do great work, but to build a better, more representative world.