To apply for this job please visit carbontracker.org.
Location Currently home working due to Covid, usual office location London Bridge
Reporting to Head of Development
Start Date ASAP
Supports Head of Development and Research Operations in fundraising and monitoring and evaluation activities, maintaining relationships with funders externally and interfacing with teams internally.
Role and responsibilities
- Good understanding of the funding ecosystem globally and the motivations within the grant-making and fundraising in climate change space.
- Pro-active approach and ability to research opportunities, develop engagement strategies (under the direction and guidance of Head of Development)
- Provide support in the scoping and mapping of funders and help build smart engagement opportunities
- Maintain and update the fund-raising database, calendar to track upcoming fundraising opportunities, proposal and reporting deadlines.
- Work collaboratively with the research team leads and finance on tracking, proposals and reporting.
- Ensure delivery of robust proposals and reports are submitted on time.
- With support from senior team, build and maintain relationships with funders and partners.
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Assist and support the implementation and effective management of planning, monitoring and evaluation requirements and process.
- Follow up on performance indicators/ success criteria, targets and milestones, preparation of reports.
- Research and update data and statistics for quarterly, annual and other reports.
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
- Support the Head of Development in coordination, documentation and professional presentation of M&E outputs and outcomes for the strategy and planning process.
- Support the Head of Development in uptake of innovative approaches to monitor, evaluate and report on the impact of Carbon Tracker’s research.
- 2-3 years’ experience in relevant areas as mentioned above.
- Good understanding of climate change and capital markets (ideally).
- Project management and organisational skills.
- Highly proficient with MS Office suite.
- Passionate about climate change.
- Excellent communication skills – written and verbal.
- Ability to present ideas coherently and in a concise manner.
- A self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced and dynamic environment, self motivated, confident and brings forward ideas and insights for improvement and innovation.
- Ability to work under pressure on multiple projects simultaneously.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong relationship building and management skills.
- Adaptable and flexible, able to navigate through ambiguity with practical and prioritisation abilities.
- Reliable and trustworthy.
- Ability to work in a team, as well as independently.
- GBP £30,000.00 – £35,000.00 dependent upon experience, 7% pension contribution, 25 days holiday including bank holidays with one extra day granted for service, capped at 5, cycle to work scheme, discretionary bonus (funding and company performance dependent).
- The closing date for applications is Friday 25 June 2021.
- Please email your CV along with a covering letter explaining how you would fit into the team to firstname.lastname@example.org and include the FR0001within the email title.
- Applications without a covering letter will not be considered.
- Carbon Tracker can only consider candidates who are eligible to work in the UK.
- We strive to ensure that opportunities to work and develop at Carbon Tracker are open to all. We welcome applications from all qualified applicants, regardless of age, disability, gender identity or gender expression, race, ethnicity, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation and all equality characteristics.
- Carbon Tracker supports flexibility and we welcome career returners.
- Thank you for your interest in Carbon Tracker and good luck!