Clim8’s mission is to have a positive impact on climate change. We want to empower millions of people to invest sustainably in themes such as clean energy, clean technology, sustainable food, smart mobility and recycling. Clim8 is well funded, having already raised over £12 million.
About the role
We are looking for a Backend Software Engineer that will work on building microservices for our impact investing platform. You will join one of our multi-disciplinary, agile squads and work closely with other backend engineers, frontend engineers, product managers and user experience designers.
What you will be doing
- Design and build scalable and performant backend microservices to extend our investment platform (we primarily use Java and the Spring Framework).
- Develop the API for our mobile and web clients
- Integrate with third-party service providers
Who are you?
- You have 5+ years of software engineering experience
- You have proven experience building server-side software
- You believe in the craft of software engineering, but are pragmatic with engineering tradeoffs
- You are passionate about using technology to have a positive impact on climate change
- You are familiar with microservices architecture and understand its trade-offs
- You have experience with Java, Maven and the Spring framework
We’d particularly love it if
- You have developed APIs for mobile clients
- You have a good understanding of Kubernetes
- You have experience building cloud native applications and are familiar with AWS
- You have worked for a fintech or other financial service
- Competitive salary plus equity package
- Flexible working
- 25 days’ holiday
- Birthdays off
- A diverse and inclusive culture
- Building a better future!
Interested? We’d love to hear from you: email@example.com
With investing, your capital is at risk.