Are you using Beam to train and get into work? Or have you successfully used Beam in the past? We’re looking for amazing individuals from our member community to help us spread the word about Beam. You’ll be a trailblazer in designing and improving the Beam service for the people that matter most – those using it. As a Beam champion, you’ll have the chance to meet people, expand your network, learn new skills and, above all, help us to transform lives by sharing your experience!
This role is flexible and work is offered to our Champions as and when opportunities come up. It is likely to take 3-4 hours each month. We will make sure that any work fits around your current training, work or other commitments.
- Promoting Beam with enthusiasm and positive energy to people who can use the service! This could involve talking with residents at a homeless hostel, running a drop-in session at a jobs fair, or visiting a local charity.
- Sharing your Beam experience with the organisations who support us. Working alongside other team members, this could mean presenting to a local council or meeting a company that wants to hire our members.
- Participating in feedback and ideas sessions with our team, to help Beam continually improve the service we offer.
- Helping us deliver group sessions to Beam members. These might focus on helping people to write their campaigns or to practice their interview skills.
- Acting as an extra point of support for new members of the Beam community and helping them with any questions or concerns.
*This role is only open to Beam service users (past or present) who have had a fundraising campaign on the website and have not withdrawn from Beam.*
- You’re available at least 1 day per month for working with Beam and have some flexibility to fit this around your main work and training schedule.
- You’re a friendly and empathetic person who has positive energy to spare!
- You are comfortable meeting and speaking with people from a diverse range of backgrounds
- You’re excited to learn new skills like presenting and public speaking (we’ll provide the training and support to help you feel confident and comfortable).
- You’re organised, punctual and reliable and happy to communicate responsively on WhatsApp and email.
- You are not afraid to give your honest opinion and enjoy reflecting on problems to provide constructive criticism.
- You’re adaptable and happy to work in a flexible manner – taking on different tasks and learning new skills as you go.
Compensation & Perks
- An hourly pay of £13
- A tailored training programme to build your public speaking skills and to help you become a confident and inspiring presenter!
- Invitations to ‘Beam team talks’ – these are given by leading figures working in charities, social enterprises and tech startups.
- Team and community socials
- Access to Perkbox with a whole range of discounts and deals.