Location – Bristol / flexible
The OVO Group’s purpose is to drive progress towards net zero carbon living. To reach Plan Zero, we need everyone to come together – not just as customers buying energy, but as members with a common goal. As part of this ambitious plan, our goal is to become the ‘Leading Employer in the UK’ by 2030. If you think you could be the talent we’re looking for, then come and join the adventure!
We launched in 2009 with a mission to change energy for the better. Since then, we’ve welcomed over a million members, planted a million trees, and set our sights on helping save the planet.
As a Group, we’re working to become a net zero carbon business by 2030, while helping our OVO Energy members halve their carbon footprints at the same time.
Green energy and technology are great tools to fight the climate crisis with. But it’s people power that will rewrite history.
So we’re building a zero carbon team inside and out. Of people who share our values, feel inspired by our mission, and want to make change happen. When you work for OVO, it’s not just a job. It’s the work of a lifetime. And we want the sharpest minds to help.
Up for the challenge?
Where in the world of OVO will I be working?
This role is within our Energy Operations department, reporting to the Technical Operations Manager. The Technical Operations team is responsible for ensuring that our members get timely and accurate billing; we aim to achieve this by utilising a data driven strategy, using cutting edge techniques to generate solutions which are high in impact whilst low in cost.
What will I be doing?
You will be tasked with interrogating our data to generate insight into where we can make tactical decisions to improve the accuracy of our billing. In the short term the focus will be on helping to develop the billing capability of our new group energy platform – this is an opportunity to make a lasting change to the energy experience of our group members, helping them engage with their energy usage and driving collectively towards net zero.
- Performing high-quality data analysis including the production of KPI/OKR dashboards, alert metrics and regulatory reports.
- Transforming large amounts of data into digestible and actionable insight.
- Owning and improving billing data exception reporting. Providing insight into root causes using the manipulation of data from multiple systems and sources.
- Working collaboratively with the Technical Operations specialists to deliver on our departmental objectives.
Is this the job for me?
- Experience in an analytical role, with experience providing key recommendations to stakeholders.
- Strong data manipulation skills, able to identify discrepancies and validate data to ensure accuracy.
- Advanced, practical knowledge of SQL (complex queries across multiple tables/ projects).
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Excel (or Google Sheets) – use of complex formulae and functions.
- The ability to contextualise and simplify complex data for a variety of audiences.
- Highly analytical, meticulous and excellent attention to detail
Ideally you will have…
- Experience in an energy operations environment
- Delivered reporting in a regulated sector
- An understanding of the UK energy market
- Programming experience (Python, R or similar)
- Working knowledge of Tableau
From us you’ll get*
- An annual discretionary bonus
- 4% of your salary to spend on flexible lifestyle benefits
- 5% matched employer contribution to your pension
- 25 days holiday + 1 for your birthday
- And many more…
(*) Please note that certain benefits kick-in once you have passed probation which can be up to 6 months after your start date.
We want the best people
At OVO, we empower our people to have choice around where and when they work – flexible working arrangements can be discussed for all of our roles. Please speak to the Talent Acquisition team for more info.
We’re keen to meet people with varied backgrounds – our view is the more inclusive we are, the better our work will be. We want to build teams which represent a variety of experiences, perspectives and skills, and we recognise talent on the basis of merit and potential.
We understand some people may not apply for jobs unless they tick every box. If you’re excited about joining us and think you have much of what we’re looking for, even if you’re not 100% sure… we’d love to hear from you.