To apply for this job please visit apply.workable.com.
Higher Steaks’ mission is to create real meat without harming our health, the planet and animals. Our solution consists of using state-of-the-art cell culture techniques to produce meat of the highest quality. Higher Steaks is a mission, science and engineering-driven company that addresses some of the biggest global challenges. We have a passionate, curious and innovative team of world experts that are dedicated to creating the breakthrough technologies that this field needs! Having made significant progress and recently closing a funding round, Higher Steaks’ is entering a rapid growth phase, making it an exciting time to join us!
We’re looking for engineers passionate about process development and excited to scale up cultivated meat!
As a bioprocess engineer, you will develop the technologies and processes that will ultimately result in the success of cultured meat production at commercial scale. You will:
- Be responsible for designing and executing experiments in our bioreactors, collaborating with other technical teams to drive progress.
- Optimise our processes, ensuring that they are robust and scalable.
- Contribute to the specification, installation and running of new bioprocessing equipment.
- Transfer our processes to pilot and commercial scales.
This job might be for you if you are:
- Progress focused, goal oriented, and self-directed
- A maker, builder, do-er, relentless pursuer of knowledge
- Flexible, resilient and creative as new challenges and opportunities arise
- Passionate about using your skills set to effect positive change
You will have:
- Masters and either academic or industrial experience within Bioprocessing, Biotechnology, Chemical engineering or Biochemical Engineering
- Comfortable in operating and optimising lab scale bioreactors
- Hands on mammalian bioprocessing experience (pluripotent stem cell experience is a plus)
- Industry experience or experience collaborating with industry
- Experienced with a range of bioreactor platforms and control systems
- Experience scaling up and transferring processes from lab to manufacturing scale
- Using multifactorial experimental methods and/or QbD
- Experience in assessment of potential equipment options
- Understanding of GMP and relevant ISO standards.
- Experience with computer simulations (CFD etc.)
- Process / Lab automation
- Flexible hours
- Share options
- Quizzes and other fun team activities
- Enhanced parental leave pay
- Cycle-to-work scheme and gym membership
- “Make your work life easier” annual stipend
- Snacks, fruits, coffee and more!
Higher Steaks recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, colour, national origin, sex, disability, age, and other protected status as required by applicable law. The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by incumbents assigned to this job. This is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the functions, responsibilities, duties and skills required for the position, and HigherSteaks Limited retains the discretion to modify.