Help us make a big green dent in the universe. We’re on a mission to drive the global renewable energy revolution, and we need loads more people to help us make our vision a reality.
Octopus Energy has an exciting opportunity for a door-to-door Brand Ambassador to join our new direct field teams.
You’ll be taking part in a brand new concept within face to face sales. We’re changing the landscape of traditional field marketing and re-inventing face to face sales.
Here at Octopus, we’re working hard to reinvent face to face marketing by combining better customer data, our innovative tech platform (Kraken Technologies) with local targeted marketing in order to create more detailed and engaging conversations.
You’ll be at the frontline of our brand and as such, you’re responsible for showing the best of Octopus Energy as a Brand Ambassador!
About the role
- This is a door-to-door sales position
- Your role will be to ensure every conversation you have delivers excellent customer service
- You will value meaningful honest conversations, which allow customers to make informed choices and you will pride yourself on ensuring that every interaction is of the highest quality
What you’ll get
- Our company culture – we won best company to work for in 2019 and our CEO, Greg has recorded a podcast about our culture and how we empower our people
- Flexible working environment – genuine work life balance here, we are in the top 5 companies in the UK, we treat you as a human, and do our best to make work and life merge smoothly together
- Holiday – 23 days plus bank holidays
- Remuneration – we’re changing the face of field marketing therefore, we believe all of our brand ambassadors at Octopus will receive a competitive basic salary as well as uncapped commission
- Equity Options Scheme – you own your own part of the business, share options in the whole Octopus Energy Group so we all work together towards success
- Office culture – have a certain tech requirement? We’ll do our best to get it. Our offices are also stocked with fruit, breakfast, great coffee and soft drinks. Weekly on a Friday we all get together (this happens virtually too) for company updates and drinks – we call it Family Dinner
- Social Events – we sponsor YeoValley’s summer festival, valleyfest, every year for our big offsite Summer party (we take our kids too) and we also aim to have 3 parties a year
- Parents – get access to tax free childcare and maternity and paternity pay. We’re always looking for new ways to support parents, during lockdown we created OctoKids TV to help keep your kids occupied and entertained
- Your development is important – we support and help with development including internal and external courses, learning, study support etc, all bespoke to you
- SmartPension Scheme – employer 5% employee 3% and you can contribute more
- Cycle to Work Scheme – to help lower your carbon footprint whilst good for your health
- Previous experience in face to face sales will be essential (although it doesn’t have to be in energy)
- An understanding of face to face sales or face to face customer service
- Clearly demonstrate a proven track record of success within a customer facing role
- The ability to work collaboratively with your colleagues in order to influence and inspire
- Clear communicator with a focus on listening and acute attention to detail
- Honest, focused, and committed to delivering the highest levels of customer service
- Demonstrate a positive proactive approach towards organisational changeExperience of working autonomously
- Adaptable personal style able to receive constructive feedback on standards of performance and behaviour
If this opportunity sounds like you, we’d love to hear from you.
More about us
Octopus Energy Group is an energy tech company. We use technology to make green electrons cheap and revolutionise customer experiences.
Octopus Energy already supplies over 2 million homes with cheap green power in the UK, with operations in Germany, Australia and the USA, and launches planned for Japan and New Zealand. By the time you’ve applied, this list may be longer.
As well as all that, Octopus Energy for Business supplies green energy to over 20,000 companies, Octopus Electric Vehicles helps make clean transport cheaper and easier, Octopus Energy Services brings smart products into thousands of homes, and Octopus Centre for Net Zero is a multi-disciplinary research organisation helping Governments and industry reach net zero sooner.
Octopus Energy Group’s tech arm, Kraken Technologies, enables our innovation. They have created our API driven in-house technology platform, built from the ground up around the customer. It powers the outstanding service, efficiency and smart products we’re using to accelerate the world’s transition to a decentralised, decarbonised energy system.
The Kraken tech platform has been licensed to support over 17 million accounts worldwide, through deals with Good Energy,E.ON, Hanwha and Origin Energy – we’ve raised over £500 million to continue on our mission globally.
We also proudly enjoy a 5-star TrustPilot ranking from our customers. We were named the Company that’s done the most in the past year to advance UK renewables at the REA Awards 2019, and most recently, our proudest award, that of Best Company to Work For.
At Octopus, we’re looking for genuinely decent people who are honest and empathetic. Our commitment is to provide equal opportunities, a diverse and inclusive work environment, and fairness for everyone. You are welcome to apply no matter your race, gender identity, sexuality, age, family or civil status, disability, religion, or ethnicity.