With electric vehicles (EVs) expected to be nearly 30% of new vehicle sales by 2025 and more than 50% by 2040, electric mobility is becoming a reality. ChargePoint is at the center of this revolution, powering one of the world’s leading EV charging networks and a comprehensive set of hardware, software and mobile solutions for nearly every charging need. We bring together drivers, businesses, automakers, policymakers, utilities and other stakeholders to make e-mobility a global reality.
Since our founding in 2007, ChargePoint has focused solely on EV charging and established a business model that’s been validated by more than a decade in business and thousands of customers. As we near a public listing milestone that will broaden our market leadership and build on years of innovation, ChargePoint offers a once-in-a-lifetime chance to build our all-electric future and dominate a trillion-dollar market.
Join the team that is building the EV charging industry and make your mark on how people and goods will get everywhere they need to go, in any context, for generations to come.
Discover what it’s like to help build the fueling network of the future – check out our Engineering Blog.
Sr. Director of Embedded Platform Software
What You Will Be Doing
The embedded platform software team at ChargePoint develops the software that runs on our charging station. The engineer will seed the team to help implement and maintain the build and release infrastructure for our software. In addition he/she/they will help develop and maintain a build farm for product development and improvements. Participation in code analysis using tools and coverage builds will allow exposure to all parts of the system from source to deployments on the embedded platforms.
- 5+ years of experience with Linux or Unix based systems, Real-time OS is a plus
- Expertise with Jenkins, ansible, salt, chef or similar systems, understanding which system is better for what
- Experience with Docker, Nomad, Kubernetes, Mesos, Docker Swarm or similar systems
- Experience with CI/CD pipelines for embedded IoT devices
- Expert at working with git and Jira (or similar) tools to implement coding practices / guidelines
- Ability to automate things / create tools for different parts of the build and release process
- Development process improvements via source review and ticket updates
- Code coverage and analysis reports to highlight areas of work
- Static analyzers and other code scanning systems for security and intellectual property
- Experience with build integration and cross compiler environments – buildroot is a plus
- Experience with hardware-in-the-loop test setups (HIL) is a plus
- Creation of build farms that can use tools like dist-cc to paralyze generation of artifacts
- Experience with Code Signing and certification verification for promotion to production
- Experience with integration into distributed test automation environments
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse team. ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status or any legally protected status.
If there is a match between your experiences/skills and the Company needs, we will contact you directly.
ChargePoint is an equal opportunity employer.
Applicants only – Recruiting agencies do not contact.