Job Title: Building Physics Consultant
Location: Work from home with the ability to attend meetings at our London office in Southwark
Salary bracket: £28,000 to £32,000, dependent on experience
Deadline for applications: Friday 23rd October 2020
Interview dates: w/c 2nd Nov 2020
Enhabit is an engineering consultancy and product installer that uses low energy design to transform uncomfortable and wasteful buildings into comfortable and controllable living spaces. By providing a ’whole house solution’ based on Passivhaus principles we help our clients achieve low energy and low-cost buildings while improving the comfort and longevity.
You can find out all about us, our team, and the type of clients we work with at www.enhabit.uk.com.
We are recruiting for a building physics consultant with experience of a wide range of building physics modelling skills to support out growing consultancy team and customer base. The role would be predominantly desk based, but you may be expected to attend client and/or site meetings depending on the project.
You will need to coordinate with clients and colleagues to ensure delivery of a professional product and service.
Key features of the role include:
- Undertaking Building Physics modelling for a wide range of projects, from heritage buildings to new large scale commercial
- Liaising with architects and clients through sales and delivery
- Research and training
- Supporting and developing colleagues to foster an environment of support and shared learning
This is a highly technical role. We are looking for candidates who have some experience of building physics modelling in the construction industry as well as the ability to learn new building physics skills where required.
- At least 2 years’ experience with building physics modelling tools such as IES, Flixo, PHPP, SAP, WUFI, Excel. Note this must be in the construction industry.
- Familiar with Part L Building Regulations requirements and relevant British Standards and Guidance such as BS5250, CIBSE TM52/59
- Certified European Passivhaus Consultant (CEPH) – will consider those that are studying towards this or have a lapsed qualification
- Detail-oriented and strong communication skills
- Ability to commute to our Southwark office at least once per month
- A passion for low energy building design and implementation
- A degree in an engineering or physics discipline
- Experience of stock modelling analysis, whole life costing analysis or whole life carbon analysis
Benefits to you as a successful candidate:
- Learn from our team of experienced building physicists and engineers
- Share your knowledge and experience to build the strength of the combined team
- Training and development tailored to suit your professional development needs
- 25 days holiday per year, plus an extra day for your birthday
- Proactively contribute to averting the worst impacts of the climate crisis