Location: London / EU
Status: Fixed Term Contract (2 year)
Salary: NGO Competitive
Start Date: Immediate
Closing Date: 11th June 2021
About the Climate Bonds Initiative
Climate Bonds Initiative is an investor-focused NGO working to mobilise the $100 trillion global bond market for climate change solutions. We promote investment in projects and assets necessary for a rapid transition to a low carbon and climate resilient economy.
Our main work streams are green bond standards and certification, data and market analysis, policy and market development, communications and advocacy.
Climate Bonds is a fast growing, dynamic NGO driven by a big mission. You will be working within an organisation that is leading the development of innovative international climate finance solutions.
The Climate Bonds Standards team deliver the technical content of the Standards and Certification scheme. This scheme certifies bonds that meet defined criteria and provides assurance to investors on the low carbon nature and integrity of their fixed income investments.
We are looking to build upon our success in green buildings bonds to date, and have an exciting program scoped out to expand our green and sustainable buildings programme. We are looking for an exceptional candidate in the early stages of their career to join the team and support our Sustainable Buildings Manager to deliver the programme.
- In conjunction with the Sustainable Buildings Manager manage the criteria development process and partner liaison to ensure that the development of criteria reflect scientific consensus on definitions, and market needs, and are driven and supported.
- Supporting the roll out of a market education program.
- Internal and external webinars and discussion pieces.
- Follow policy developments in the building sector in the EU (at the reginal and country levels), undertaking policy analyses and supporting the writing of policy reports and briefs.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Good first degree in a related subject (environment, climate change etc)
- Experience in the green or sustainable buildings sector
- An interest in climate change solutions and the role finance plays in mobilising that
- Organised with proven coordination experience and the ability to manage and prioritise work activities
- Enthusiastic, motivated, outgoing
- Excellent English writing and oral skills
- Exemplary people management skills
- EU timezone based
- Masters in related subject (environment or finance)
- Knowledge of policies on sustainable buildings
- Knowledge of sustainable finance markets
- Second+ languages
25 days holiday