Location: London / EU
Status: Fixed Term Contract (2 year)
Salary: NGO Competitive
Start Date: Immediate
Closing Date: 11th June 2021
About the Climate Bonds Initiative
Climate Bonds Initiative is an investor-focused NGO working to mobilise the $100 trillion global bond market for climate change solutions. We promote investment in projects and assets necessary for a rapid transition to a low carbon and climate resilient economy.
Our main work streams are green bond standards and certification, data and market analysis, policy and market development, communications and advocacy.
Climate Bonds is a fast growing, dynamic NGO driven by a big mission. You will be working within an organisation that is leading the development of innovative international climate finance solutions.
The Climate Bonds Initiative is fast growing, dynamic and driven by a big mission. An investor-focused NGO, we are working to mobilise the $100 trillion global bond market for climate change solutions. We are at the forefront of advances in green finance, working with global stakeholders: governments, investors, banks and large companies.
We lead the market with the only certification scheme for green bonds globally, provide up to the minute green bond data and market analysis and policy advice, advise on green capital market development, and advocate for ambitious change in the financial industry.
The Climate Bonds Standards Team works with external experts to deliver robust and credible science-based criteria and metrics for assessing green investments across the economy. It also supports the development of green and sustainability taxonomies globally from the EU to China to Latin America.
These criteria are integral to the Climate Bonds Standard and Certification Scheme – where we have recently hit the major milestone of certifying $180bn of green bonds to date. They also guide the assessment methodology our Markets Intelligence team use to screen bonds for inclusion in green bond indices globally, and our advisory services to governments and policy makers on the changes needed to achieve the Paris Agreement.
Reporting to the Head of Standards, this role will be responsible for driving forward the criteria for green and sustainable buildings both within CBI and via our growing external partner networks.
- Plan and implement a programme to review and expand the Climate Bonds’ Green Buildings Criteria.
- Position CBI at the forefront of the green buildings agenda and lead CBI’s external engagements within the buildings industry to promote ambitious green buildings agendas and finance.
- Manage our experts and partners to deliver this programme. This includes our Technical Working Group (TWG) and Industry Working Group (IWG) and working hand-in-hand with our external specialist Consultant and partners
- Liaise with green bond issuers, investors and verifiers looking to issue certified green buildings bonds
- Participate in external events and initiatives to advocate, educate and build collaborations, including leading CBI’s engagement in Green Buildings Standards and Taxonomies globally to establish consistent and robust green buildings standards
- Identify funding opportunities and manage funder relationships.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree of 2:1 or higher in a related subject
- Extensive experience in a similar role
- Deep knowledge of key aspects of green buildings, and existing green buildings standards and codes
- Passionate in addressing climate change and sustainability and able to express this commitment effectively to all partners and stakeholders
- Proven ability to develop and lead a complex, multi-year programme of work with multiple stakeholders
- Skilled people person, managing junior team members and a wide variety of external partners and advisors
- Natural networker, able to bring in partners and collaborators
- A hands-on, motivated individual with drive and initiative
- Excellent English writing and oral skills – proficient in distilling detailed technical information into easily digestible material for a variety of stakeholders
- Based in an EU aligned timezone
- Masters in related subject
- Knowledge of sustainable finance markets
- Experience in a standards-setting organization or role
- Multiple languages
25 days holiday