Within this role you will be dealing with all levels of debtors and types of businesses to collect payment of overdue balances or negotiate payment arrangements to settle the balance. This will involve working with the other Business Services teams to deal with complex queries that arise to come to an effective resolution on debtor accounts.
You will be working within a fast paced and friendly team to help tackle a large workload and maintain the balance between outbound collection activity and responding to inbound customer contact.
• Resolve queries from internal and external customers and 3rd parties within specified timescales through multiple communication channels
• Identify, investigate and assist with complex queries
• Negotiate and develop payment solutions for our customer’s within regulatory guidelines.
• Arrange the disconnection of gas and electricity supplies or the installation of prepayment meters.
• Identify high risk accounts and bad debt, and prioritise work accordingly
What you will bring…
• Excellent phone manner
• Ability to negotiate
• Work and build rapport with third parties, including collections agencies and customers
• Excellent attention to detail and investigative skills
• High level of numeracy, accuracy and problem solving ability
• Excellent listening skills, and verbal & written communication skills
• Ability to organise workload and multiple priorities
• Good computer literacy with experience of Microsoft Office
• Experience of using multiple IT systems simultaneously
Ecotricity is Britain’s greenest energy company. When we started back in 1995, we were the first company in the world to supply a new kind of electricity – the green kind.
Our mission was and remains to change the way energy is made and used in Britain – by replacing fossil fuels with clean, renewable energy.
We don’t just supply green energy, we use the money from our customers’ bills to make it ourselves too – we build windmills and sun parks in Britain. We call this ‘bills into mills’. In 2021, we’re starting work on building two new solar parks, and in 2022 we’re bringing geothermal energy to our customers’ fuel mix, a first in the UK. We’re also developing green gas mills which will generate 100% green gas from a source that will never run out – grass.
We don’t just focus on energy though – we built the Electric Highway, Britain’s leading network of electric vehicle charge points, we helped Forest Green Rovers become the greenest football club in the world, and, in partnership with RSPB, we launched Britain’s greenest mobile phone service, Ecotalk + RSPB.