To apply for this job please visit taptapsend.recruiterbox.com.
Taptap Send is VC-backed (including by Reid Hoffman), rapidly growing and a great place for those looking for both impact and a fast-paced tech startup environment. Read more about the journey in Reid Hoffman’s words.
Our product is an app-based solution that lets immigrants send money back home to emerging markets instantly and at very low prices. Since launching in summer 2018, we’ve already moved tens of millions of dollars and reached tens of thousands of customers. We’re live in seven European countries, and we support payments into Senegal, Mali, Zambia, Guinea, Ghana, Ivory Coast, Cameroon, Kenya, Madagascar, and Bangladesh; with lots more countries launching soon.
Global remittances account for over $500 billion annually, most of which moves back into developing countries. But the market is dominated by traditional services that are expensive, can take days to arrive, and have limited reach in rural areas. We’re helping people to send that money instantly and securely at a fraction of the cost.
In addition to Reid Hoffman, we are backed by Canaan, Flourish Ventures, Helios and others. Our team is based across London, New York and Paris and we pride ourselves on hiring exceptional talent — our team members come from a wide variety of top-tier tech companies, professional services firms, and industry leaders, including Twitter, Yahoo, Amazon, McKinsey, Bain & Co, KPMG, Cravath, and Vodafone.
To continue our rapid growth, we’re looking to bring on people who are passionate about our mission and excited to work in a small start-up environment. We have competitive salary and stock options and great benefits, and we were recently rated one of the best companies to escape to by Escape the City’s “Escape 100“.
You will be a key part of Taptap Send’s market expansion, from brainstorming to country launch. You will travel extensively, meeting with new and existing partners to ensure that deals are executed in accordance with team strategy. You will be dedicated to launching the best markets, partners, and products for money transfer in Africa and beyond. Reporting to the Head of Business Development, you’ll collaborate with key external stakeholders and manage the timeline to product launch. You’ll use your passion for getting things done in emerging markets, building close working relationships with every kind of individual and organization to scale Taptap Send from five recipient markets to a dozen — and more.
You enjoy challenges, you love travel and adventure, and you’re constantly making connections with people everywhere.. You feel comfortable in unfamiliar settings and enjoy working in a team environment to figure out the path to success. You are enthusiastic about working in the fast-paced environment of a rapidly growing startup.
- Launch countries and build strong relationships with the best partners in target countries
- Be the face of Taptap Send to new and existing partners, facilitating the process from first meeting to launch
- Work cross functionally to ensure Taptap Send has the best product offering in the market
- 3 years’ experience working for a top tier company, preferably with sales, business development or client-facing experience
- Enthusiasm for travel
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to think on your feet to achieve your goals creatively and independently
- Fluent in French and English; other languages a plus
- Experience with emerging markets a plus
- Experience with payments or remittances a plus
- Competitive salary (based on experience)
- 25 days + public holidays
- Flexible hours
- Employer pension contributions
- Weekly team lunch and free drinks in the office
- Regular team events
- Professional development opportunities (e.g. language lessons, trainings, etc.)
- Buy whatever tech equipment you need
- No formal dress code
- Dog-friendly workplace
Taptap Values represent the core of who we are:
Accept reality, propose solutions.
Win with grit.
Be proactively candid, with yourself and others.
Love the particular.
Create positive energy. Maybe, even have fun.