Salary: Basic £27,000 OTE £35,000 (uncapped)
Location: London, Home Counties, Midlands
Do you enjoy identifying leads and building strong business relationships? Do you have a strong track record within the Heat / Built Environment or Energy sectors? Would you thrive in a small but results-driven team? Do you want to contribute to a low carbon future?
At Guru Systems you can be part of a team developing technology that is radically reducing carbon emissions and making energy systems more transparent and lower cost for society. We will reward you with a competitive basic and an uncapped OTE IRO £35k pa.
Our award-winning products are establishing Guru as a leader in the Heat sector. As we grow from strength to strength this role is pivotal to maintain our momentum. A clear opportunity for you to shine and be rewarded for your success.
You’ll be responsible for identifying new opportunities using industry databases as well as online research. You’ll build strong relationships with prospects via phone, email and LinkedIn, quantifying opportunities and recommending solutions. Using our CRM, you’ll manage identified leads alongside inbound marketing qualified leads before progressing them to the Field Sales team.
Immersing yourself in the Heat sector you’ll carry out analysis and prepare reports and metrics covering opportunities across our entire market in the UK. By staying on top of our industry, you’ll also be able to propose product improvements or new products to the wider team.
You’ll be encouraged to maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; benchmarking state-of-the-art practices and participating in professional societies.
- Proven work experience as a Business Development Executive or similar role
- Ability to build strong client relationships
- A strong track record of achieving sales targets and good negotiation skills
- Hands-on experience with multiple sales techniques (including cold calls)
- Experience with CRM software and the sales planning process
- Ability to deliver engaging presentations
- Experience of working independently in a small team
- A motivation for sales, the ability to think creatively, and a high energy level to match our growing industry
- Undergraduate degree in Marketing, Business Administration or relevant field, or relevant experience
- Strong empathy and the capacity to react calmly and efficiently, even when others are stressed
- Excellent interpersonal and presentational skills, with the ability to communicate clearly in written and spoken English
- Familiar with working in Copper, Dynamics or HubSpot CRM suites
- Comfortable working with Google document suites
- Experience in working in the heat market or similar utility
- Familiar with construction ways of working (roles and responsibilities of key players in the construction industry)
- An understanding of Barbour ABI or similar to capture lead data and track accordingly
Benefits and other information
Reporting to the Head of Sales, this is a full-time permanent role with 25 days’ holiday each year.
- Be part of a growing innovative business and help shape the future of energy
- Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment
- Bespoke personal development budget
- Normal working hours are 9.00am to 5:30pm
- Guru Systems will match 5% pension contributions
- 2 Volunteer / Social Engagement Days
- Quarterly and annual social events, from bowling to a whole company getaway
- We offer great perks and discounts with free access to health and wellness support and more
- Free coffee, teas and fruit every day, and a variety of beverages on a Friday!
When applying, please include a copy of your current CV together with a covering letter and LinkedIn page ID. We will be contacting shortlisted candidates on a rolling basis. Closing date for applications will be Monday 14th September.