At Arrival, our team is creating best-in-class electric vehicles using a radical new method of design and production. We work with some of the world’s leading businesses and governments to achieve our goal of redefining mobility and transport ecosystems, transforming how people and goods travel and enhancing urban environments for all communities.
Innovation, rapid development and testing help us to push the boundaries. Our New Method takes our portfolio of patented technologies created in-house, and combines it with assembly in Arrival Microfactories. It’s a groundbreaking approach, leading to products with maximum functionality, peak efficiency, and an elevated experience – at a much more competitive price than other electric vehicles, and even fossil fuel vehicles.
But we are a far cry from a traditional automotive company – we are a technology company – building intelligent, future-proof devices on wheels, and a holistic digital ecosystem of products and services around them. One of the most exciting platforms featured in this ecosystem will be the Arrival Integration Platform, which will empower developers and partners to integrate and innovate their own apps and services on top of our digital ecosystem- paving the way for an Arrival App Store/Marketplace and unlocking the next generation of superior mobility services.
As a talented Business Development Lead, your mission will be to take this platform to market and spearhead the rapid growth of what is expected to be one of Arrival’s key offerings and value propositions. Your responsibilities will include working with the Arrival Digital Product Lead to design the platform product offerings, bringing partners and customers onboard through contract negotiations, and developing a lucrative business model which puts customer satisfaction and financial performance at the top of the value-chain.
- Be the voice of Arrival in order to build and maintain lasting relationships with top industry partners and customers
- Collaborate with key Arrival stakeholders (including product leads) to develop our pricing packages and roll out our go-to-market strategy for the Arrival App Store
- Continue to innovate and communicate the Arrival Digital and App Store vision to Arrival stakeholders, customers, and partners with the intended outcome of maximising platform growth and customer satisfaction
- Negotiate partnership agreements that achieve win-win outcomes with our partners and customers
- Empathetic leadership and negotiation skills: the ability to put yourself in the shoes of our customers and partners, and successfully negotiate win-win outcomes, as well as the confidence to push back and say no when it matters
- Clarity of communication: the ability to communicate a plan or proposal with absolute clarity and confidence
- Analytical & financial aptitude: the ability to build sustainable pricing and commercial strategies based on costs and forecast revenue and monitor performance in the same areas
- Self-sufficiency: the ability to build and execute a plan and strategy autonomously and in a self-sufficient manner
- 3-5 years experience in business development working in a similar digital storefront, app store, or payment services company
- Experience in automotive; ideally with connected vehicles or electric vehicles
- Proven examples of being a self-starter and taking projects from design to implementation
At Arrival we want all of our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. Join our mission to bring better, more sustainable transportation to communities around the world.