Hi, We’re Bulb. Nice to meet you.
We’re working remotely to protect our team during the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic. But we are still hiring. So if you’re looking for a new role and you’re happy to take part in a remote interview, read on…
We are the UK’s biggest green energy supplier, providing affordable, renewable energy to homes and businesses across the UK. Our mission is to help people lower their energy bills and reduce their carbon impact at the same time.
Founded in 2015, we were named the UK’s fastest growing private company in 2018 and 2019, and in February 2021 we were named Europe’s fastest growing company by the Financial Times.
Over 1.7 million UK households have signed up to renewable energy by Bulb and we’ve now expanded into Texas, France and Spain. We’re an accredited Living Wage Employer; we’ve been picked as one of LinkedIn’s top 25 UK tech startups to work for; and we’re a certified B Corp.
Diversity & Inclusion
We believe diversity is important at all levels. You’re welcome at Bulb wherever you’re from and whoever you are. We believe we need a diverse team to achieve our mission. It takes people from all horizons to shake and disrupt the energy industry. We also believe a diverse team better reflects our diverse member base and helps us build better products.
Research has shown that some groups, for instance women, self-nominate on application at a lower rate than men. We encourage everyone who is interested in the role to apply – even if you’re not ready now you’ll have the opportunity to receive feedback on which skills you should grow to become a strong future candidate. You can read our D&I blog here.
Across the UK, businesses are getting a raw deal from the energy market: expensive tariffs, dirty energy and complicated contracts. Bulb for Business is on a mission to make energy cheaper, simpler and greener for the businesses and charities.
Bulb Business is a dedicated team inside Bulb. We’re responsible for Bulb’s business product: growth, member service, operations and engineering.
You’ll be responsible for the growth of Bulb Business.
With Bulb you’re helping to shape the future of green energy. And joining a community that saves 4.6 million tonnes of CO2 from entering the atmosphere each year.
As a Business Development Manager you will:
– Own multiple commercial growth channels (e.g., sales, partnerships and paid digital advertising).
– Manage, lead and take responsibility for the performance of any in-house or outsourced growth teams.
– Keep our business tariff under regular review to ensure it meets our growth objectives, benchmarking it against our key competitors.
– Build a world-class go to market strategies, prioritising highest-value opportunities.
– Lead, nurture and develop your team.
– Identify and deliver on product improvements and new propositions that will help reach targets.
– Work collaboratively with teams across Bulb to ensure we have the right infrastructure to hit growth targets.
At Bulb, we want to hire people able to get going quickly, interested in learning new things and comfortable working in a changing environment.
We care deeply about helping the technology and energy industries become a more inclusive and diverse place and we work hard to lead by example. If you recognise yourself in any of these traits, we’d love for you to send us an application.
Here are the things that we think are essential to succeeding in the job:
– You have a measurable track record of commercial achievements
– You thrive in fast paced hyper growth environments
– You care deeply about how companies treat their customers
– You’re self motivated and have a get up and go approach to your work
– You think creatively and commercially; you see the big picture, come up with creative solutions, and deliver tangible solutions in record time
– You’re an excellent communicator, you “keep it simple” and make complicated details and problems understandable.