- Primary location: Wimbledon, London, SW19 3TZ
- Hours: full time
- Salary: Up to to £60k plus OTE – depending on experience
- Start date: ASAP
Sunswap is a clean-tech start-up on a mission to decarbonise the global cold chain with state-of-the-art refrigeration systems, cutting edge battery-solar technology and cloud-based analytics solutions.
Sunswap was founded by a team of engineers with a passion for sustainability and technology. Following a recent successful seed round on Crowdcube and with 2 recent grant funded project awards, we are now growing the team to develop our core technology, expand our product portfolio and support the deployment of our first units with customers later this year.
The first Sunswap product is an electric Transport Refrigeration Unit (TRU) which provides a clean, cost-competitive alternative to diesel TRUs. We are also developing a range of other innovative products to lead the move to zero emissions in the transport industry.
The Business Development Manager will undertake a range of activities to ensure the commercial success of Sunswap. This will involve overseeing the whole sales process, from lead generation to supply agreement sign-off. The role will also involve informing the commercial strategy at Sunswap, through diligent management of the CRM and competitor analysis. This is a great opportunity to be an integral part of a rapidly growing early-stage business. You will play a vital role in Sunswap’s long-term success.
- Report directly to the CEO.
- Generate customer leads and secure advance orders for the TRU in both the UK and Europe.
- Use various sales channels including attending trade shows/events, giving customer presentations, setting up video calls and making cold calls to prospective customers.
- Generate and present detailed customer proposals to secure trial agreements and advance orders.
- Negotiate £million formal supply agreements.
- Take responsibility for the CRM and sales pipeline, carry out sales forecasts and analysis and present your findings to senior management.
- Take ownership of the sales and commercial strategy, seeking opportunities to maximise advance orders and sales.
- Attend and present at trade shows and events and arrange product demonstrations around the UK and Europe with key customers.
- Recruit, train and manage additional business development team members as the company scales.
- Keep abreast of the competition and sector developments through regular market and competitor analysis.
- A proven sales person with a demonstrable track record of managing the entire sales process from lead generation to close.
- Strategic in your approach with experience in selling high value products with long sales cycles.
- A confident and effective communicator who can build enduring relationships at all levels in an organisation.
- As comfortable creating your own sales presentation slide deck as you are presenting it to senior management at internationally recognised brands.
- A creative problem solver – you find enjoyment in finding solutions to complex challenges.
- Comfortable working autonomously – juggling multiple projects and priorities at once.
- Analytical and methodical in planning your sales process and reporting your success.
- A degree in business or management.
- A successful track record in B2B sales and negotiation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Working experience with sales techniques.
- Proficiency with data analysis, forecasting, and budgeting.
- Proven ability to plan and manage resources.
Why you’ll want to work at Sunswap
- We are passionate about the work we do and value learning from each other.
- You’ll contribute directly to the future of sustainable transportation.
- You’ll be part of an inspiring work environment with short lines of communication, flat structures and a great team spirit.
- You’ll work flexibly with remote working and a healthy work-life balance.
- You’ll be leading change within our business – creating new things, starting projects from scratch and be exposed to ownership, growth and learning opportunities.
- Competitive salary with generous OTE.
- 5% employer matched pension contribution.
- 25 days + bank holidays.
- Regular company socials.
At Sunswap we want all our employees to feel comfortable bringing their passion, creativity and individuality to work. We value all cultures, backgrounds and experiences, as we truly believe that diversity drives innovation. For us, the right attitude and a desire to learn is essential so we would love to hear from you – even if you don’t meet all of the above.
Join us on our mission to decarbonise the cold chain.