SCOPE: All Powervault sales and marketing activity
SECTOR: Manufacturing / Cleantech / Low Carbon
REPORTS TO: Managing Director
REMUNERATION: £34-40k dependent on experience + 20% annual bonus opportunity.
LOCATION: Hendon with potentially extensive travel
START DATE: a.s.a.p.
The Business Development Manager will be accountable to the Managing Director for delivering the Powervault sales plan and heading up all sales and marketing activity. This is an exciting opportunity which is likely to evolve and grow as the business grows, offering the successful candidate opportunity for progression. The successful candidate will be responsible for activities such as:
- Finding, negotiating and winning £100K-£2M sales contracts for Powervault systems through energy supplier and multi-party financed deals
- Refining and developing the sales and marketing strategy and plans in order to achieve Powervault’s growth targets
- Developing the proposition and product marketing and contributing to product development discussions
- Building long term relationships with strategic channels including social landlords, housing associations, financiers, DNO’s, grid operators and electricity suppliers
- Grow sales through other channels such as through installers or through other partnership agreements / through third party channel relationships where appropriate.
- Creating a marketing plan to establish Powervault’s position in the market, and to generate inbound interest from resellers and other stakeholders
- Working with the commercial and technical teams to help to define compelling products and propositions
- Managing general PR and Powervault’s social media presence to raise our profile as the UK’s leading energy storage company.
- Deal with inbound enquiries from businesses and consumers and develop online sales
Candidates will need to demonstrate experience in a role with these functions. Knowledge of the electricity sector, renewable energy, battery technology and consumer proposition development is helpful but not essential.
Potential candidates will be expected to exhibit some or all of the following characteristics:
- The ability to deliver to target with an early stage product while working under typical start-up constraints and pressures
- The ambition to exceed the sales target and own all marketing activities
- Some experience of working in a start-up/SME environment
- A successful track record of selling an early stage product where the market is not fully established
- The ability to establish credibility with potential customers from different backgrounds
- The creativity to identify new opportunities and develop successful partnerships with a range of alternative channels
- An understanding of how to sell through 3rd parties such as resellers and partners ranging from small family firms up to corporate accounts
- Capable of reliably providing monthly reports including KPIs and opportunity updates for the board
The candidate will need to be:
- articulate and effective communicator
- intellectually flexible
- sensitive to client needs
- honest, straightforward, and direct, and geared to delivering more than he/she promises
- highly motivated and prepared to operate in a dynamic and fast changing environment
- adaptable and self-managing, a high achiever
- reliable, tenacious and driven
- happy to “get hands dirty” and get stuck into doing all aspects of sales and marketing as well as managing others
- a graduate with at least three years’ experience in a similar role
A commitment to meeting the challenge of sustainable development in the UK is welcome but not critical. The candidate will be expected to appreciate and understand the principles, benefits and barriers to the deployment of distributed storage. Experience in an OEM selling into the solar industry is beneficial but not essential.
If you would like further information or wish to apply please use the form below and attach your cover letter and CV.