This is an exciting opportunity for a driven individual with a proven track record of generating income from international companies to join our global team and support the growth of our world leading climate action events and programmes.
About Climate Group
Climate Group drives climate action. Fast. Our goal is a world of net zero carbon emissions by 2050, with greater prosperity for all.
We focus on systems with the highest emissions and where our networks have the greatest opportunity to drive change. We do this by building large and influential networks and holding organisations accountable, turning their commitments into action.
We share what we achieve together to show more organisations what they could do. We are an international non-profit organisation, founded in 2004, with offices in London, Amsterdam, New Delhi and New York. We are proud to be part of the We Mean Business coalition.
About the role
The Business Development Manager raises commercial income for Climate Group through sponsorship and other business development activities. They will build and manage a portfolio of businesses who wish to benefit from Climate Group’s power to convene, communicate and accelerate climate action. The role will support the European and international work of Climate Group, including the flagship summit Climate Week NYC. It will develop new packages, identify and close sponsors and ensure high quality tracking and delivery of sponsor rights. Vitally, it ensures a significant ROI for Climate Group as well as credible and mutually beneficial partnerships. The role will sit in our London office and be part of the global Fundraising team, reporting into the London based Head of Sponsorship.
Pipeline and product development
- Manage a portfolio of international businesses. Maintaining and growing relationships and where appropriate, working closely with their agencies and engaging colleagues from other teams/offices in relationship-building activities
- Build a pipeline of new business targets, expanding the pool of prospects for sponsorship & business development activities
- Develop high-quality generic and tailored sponsorship materials (defining packages, tiers, and metrics), informed by Climate Group strategy and messaging
- Lead sponsorship negotiations with brands and agencies, liaising with colleagues to ensure that the agreements made are mutually beneficial and impactful
- Provide sponsorship leaderships for a number of events and projects throughout the year, ensuring a smooth delivery and healthy ROI
- Work with the Head of Sponsorship to develop new products across Climate Group, with a focus on the Climate Group Systems (energy, transport, food, industry and the built environment), Events strategy and opportunities in key Climate Group regions (Europe, India, US and China).
- Deliver exceptional stewardship for sponsors, co-ordinating seamlessly with relevant teams and offices, in particular the Communications and Events teams
- Effectively manage the delivery of sponsors’ contracts, providing detailed analysis on key success metrics, supporting the project management of sponsorship delivery activities and ensuring all commercial rights in relation to the sponsor’s contract
- Ensure that all approaches and delivery are tracked consistently, through effective use of the CRM and other systems.
- Successful track record in generating income/ event sponsorship from corporates, particularly large international organisations
- Experience in developing sponsorship packages and/or corporate partnerships
- Experience in providing exceptional stewardship for corporates
- Experience working with and building long term relationships with international companies
- Excellent project management skills with strong attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to create compelling proposals and reports
- Strong negotiations skills and the ability to perform under pressure
- Pro-active and able to work independently
- Interest in expanding your climate action knowledge.
- Experience of working in US, China and India
- CRM experience, in particular Salesforce
- Good networking skills
- Languages other than English
You will be employed at our London headquarters. As we are currently in the process of moving to a new permanent London location (Zone 1), our staff are utilising the use of our temporary office near Borough. From October 2021, we have adopted a phased flexible blended approach of working 2 days in the office and 3 days working from home. Once we move to a permanent office (Q1 of 2022) this will be 3 days in the office and 2 days working from home. Some international travel will be required.
Terms & Conditions
This is a full-time permanent position. The salary for this position is £35,999 to £40,000 per annum based on experience.
In addition to the salary, the role holder will benefit from:
- 25 days’ holiday pro rata, plus public holidays; additional leave following three and six years’ service
- 10% non-contributory pension scheme following three months’ service
- Private healthcare and Cash Plan on completion of probation
- Life Assurance
- Wellbeing allowance
- Season ticket loan
- Bike loan
- Volunteering day on completion of probation
How to apply
Use the ‘Apply’ button to apply for this vacancy. Should you require further information, please contact Danielle Bidos, Head of Sponsorship DBidos@theclimategroup.org.
Applications for this position should come in the form of a CV and cover letter. The expected closing date for submitting your application is 23 November 2021.
The requisite eligibility criteria, or work visa to work in the EU are a requirement for this position and no relocation and/or sponsorship costs will be borne by Climate Group.