Are you looking to be part of an award-winning team, that is unleashing collaboration and innovation for a sustainable future?
Innovation Gateway is growing fast and continuously building on its heritage of innovation and collaboration. We enable the world’s most ambitious organisations, like Tesco, NatWest, Greene King, Defra etc. to accelerate their progress to net zero and help them survive and thrive in the face of disruptive change.
1 Position overview
We are looking for a Business Development Manager to support the CEO in the development of new, exciting business opportunities; and to work with the team to collectively spearhead the growth of Innovation Gateway. You will help organisations take the next innovative step forward to convert their sustainability strategies into action and deliver on their climate goals.
2 Key accountabilities
You are accountable for the following:
- Client acquisition and cultivation
- Supporting our business growth
- Tracking sales progression in our CRM system
3 Specific responsibilities
- Prospecting and opening new business opportunities with our core propositions
- Winning new clients and cultivating excellent relationships that mature into trusted, long-term partnerships
- Assisting in creating new business proposals for submission and identifying new business opportunities emerging through market conditions, laws/regulations, and the energy transition (net zero)
- Articulating and presenting Innovation Gateway’s vision and services to clients and prospects
- Developing and managing our sales pipeline with identified target clients
- Maintaining an up-to-date understanding of the Net Zero and carbon landscape, market trends, new technological advancements and solutions within sustainability and net zero
- Collaborating with service delivery and marketing teams to nurture existing client relationships and assist in the growth of these relationships
4 Qualities, Skills and Experience
Key Qualities Required:
You will be a strong, independent sales professional with proven experience in the field of sustainability / energy / buildings, who is open to the challenge of supporting our growth and increase the reach of Innovation Gateway across diverse sectors in the UK.
To be successful in this role you will need to be a passionate and positive individual with the ability to identify the needs of a business, develop and close leads, sell our market-ready products, and highlight additional services and support. You should also have real interest in innovation and technology, and a curiosity as to how things work.
You will be part of an enthusiastic and purpose driven team, who are passionate about supporting businesses on their net zero journey.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
- Proven track record of selling business services and closing sales, preferably within the sustainability industry
- Apt at prospecting and managing new business pipeline, including intelligent lead generation in target sectors
- Good networker who will be able to drive projects working with multiple stakeholders
- Outstanding presentation, communication and client liaison skills
- Highly organised and excellent organisational skills – good at balancing and prioritising tasks and responsibilities, delivering quality work to agreed deadlines, and maintaining clear focus under pressure
- Ability to flourish with minimal supervision, be proactive, positive and handle uncertainty
- Strong team player who is happy to support others and strive for common goal
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite (particularly in Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint) and CRM systems
- Experience selling solutions within the sustainability industry
- Demonstrable knowledge, experience, and understanding of corporate challenges in defining and executing net zero strategies
- Comprehensive understanding of carbon regulatory frameworks, including current and emerging carbon legislation and climate change policies
- Degree in Environmental Science or equivalent
- Knowledge of existing and emergent ESG reporting requirements
5 Other information
This role works closely with, and will initially report into the CEO.
We are offering a competitive salary dependent on experience, for this full-time position with opportunities for remote working. Travel to client premises and attendance at regular meetings within the Oxford area will be necessary.
6 How to apply
Please send your CV and a personal statement, maximum 1000 words. In your personal statement you should set out why you are interested in this role and how your skills and experience match the key qualities required.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 2 December 2021
Innovation Gateway is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to ensuring that no job applicant or employee receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, marital status, race, colour, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, age or disability, and that all appointments are made purely on the basis of merit.