Commercial Sales | Up to £32k base (OTE ~£50k uncapped) | Remote within the UK (but with a London office if you wish to use it)
At Pod Point we’re changing the way people drive. We fundamentally believe that travel shouldn’t damage the Earth so we’ve made it our mission to install a Pod Point (an Electric Vehicle charging point) everywhere you park. To make that vision a reality, we need the brightest, most tenacious and most inspiring talent in the world – we are growing faster than the market and we need to maintain that velocity – that’s where you come in!
Pod Point is building the charging infrastructure that’s accelerating electric vehicle adoption in the UK. We are growing faster than the market and we need your help to maintain that velocity.
We’re looking for an innovative, creative Business Development Manager to jump on board and help us achieve our ambitious growth goals. The position will report into the Head of Commercial Brands and will be based remotely (although we have an office near Old Street Station in London that you are welcome to use).
What you’ll do
- Define the strategy for growth through large, blue-chip Commercial Brands (i.e. Last Mile delivery, FMCG, Hotels & Attractions, Media, IT, Financial Services)
- Targeting and working with key brands such as Amazon, the BBC, Coca Cola, Hilton Hotels, Barclays, etc.
- Develop new relationships with prospective customers in order to drive revenue and growth
- Negotiate deals and contracts
- Create business development strategies; identify roadblocks and drive new business from conception through closure
- Network with, and present to senior management teams
- Work with the marketing team to define optimal solutions and marketing within the channel
- Act as the liaison between customers and internal teams, ensuring clients’ requirements are met and account performance is maximised
- Ensure you are up-to-date with internal and external developments, and suggest new ways to increase sales
- Report directly to the VP Commercial Sales on forecasting, growth and necessary channel performance
What you’ll need
- Strong commercial experience – must be able to demonstrate where you have made different commercial models fit the client / business need
- Previous experience in developing (from scratch) lasting business relationships with large, national businesses at a C-suite level
- A new business hunter attitude with the potential to substantially expand the business
- Previous strategic, long-term, long lead time, consultative client engagement experience where repeat business is key
- Experience working with technical products – good examples would be the Building Management System (BMS) world, batteries, solar, Combined Heat and Power (CHP) etc.
- The ability to quickly learn and talk confidently about a technical product
- The ability to bring together a solution and coordinate moving parts to get sales, operations, development, marketing and finance all working together
- Strong presentation skills – should have experience of presenting to small, medium and large groups on a regular basis
- A good networker capable of engaging throughout the entire sales cycle
- Have knowledge about the wider moving parts in the sustainability industry i.e. energy grid management, demand side management, battery storage, solar etc.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a business development / national account management role
- In-depth understanding of sales performance metrics
- Excellent analytical and organisational skills
- The ability to work well within a fast paced (and exciting!) environment
- A dog that you can bring into the office (once Coronavirus abates)
And if you’re not sure whether you’re what we’re looking for – send us your CV anyway! We love to hear from people who are passionate about what we do, and we always take the view that a good cultural fit (and mission alignment) is much more important than ticking all the “qualifications, skills and experience” boxes.
Our culture is electric
At Pod Point we like to think we are anything but conventional. We have worked hard to create a rapidly-growing, constantly innovating, flat-structured world, where each employee can see the vital contribution they are making to the company. We knew from the very beginning that a rigid, corporate environment was never going to work for us, and we have stayed true to our word – we’re anything but.
We work hard; we’re not clock-watchers but equally you may find yourself working into the evening very occasionally. In return we’ll pay you well, give you complete ownership to shape the role, give you ground-breaking projects to work on and surround you with fantastic, talented people. We also provide the following benefits:
- Salary Sacrifice Electric Vehicle Scheme
- Flexible working hours and a casual dress code
- Remote first working approach
- 25 days holiday (plus bank holidays)
- Very generous maternity and paternity leave scheme
- Pension scheme
- Eyecare scheme
- Bike to work scheme and discounted gym membership
The socially distant elephant in the room
Our first priority (at all times, but especially during the COVID-19 pandemic) is to make sure we’re not unnecessarily exposing Pod Pointers to potential health risks, so we’re conducting all interviews on Google Meet and are able to onboard new starters remotely too. We also realise it can seem daunting to start a new role remotely (and some people struggle with their mental health when working from home at the best of times) so we do intend to reopen the office as soon as it’s safe to do so, and once we do you will be welcome to use that for work if you prefer. Additionally we’re putting in place some extra initiatives to keep our culture humming (for both “work” and “play”) as we transition to being a remote first company.
Final things to note
We like to deal directly with our candidates so no agencies please!