The principal function of the Business Development Manager – Solar is to secure profitable business for SaveMoneyCutCarbon from solar and battery storage; developing an offering that can be clearly reflected on the SaveMoneyCutCarbon main website developing with our existing team the capabilities, tools and processes to deliver this from creating interest, initial client discussions, through to supply and final fit.
We are a new breed of fast growing, award winning business; using a digital focus to educate and attract customers, who are looking to improve their sustainability, energy, water and carbon emissions reduction. We then deliver exceptional customer service for engaged customers, through online sales and a range of technologies and solutions delivered in the field covering all aspects of energy & water savings, reducing carbon emissions.
Founded in 2012, SaveMoneyCutCarbon has helped hundreds of thousands of customers reduce their carbon footprint whilst saving money by using water and energy in more sustainable ways. A recently announced new relationship and multimillion-pound investment by Barclays will help SaveMoneyCutCarbon grow faster and we need exceptional recruits, those that think outside of the box, those that make things happen, to deliver against this ambition.
From schools, hospitals, hotels, warehousing operators and public sector organisations to thousands of homes across the country, SaveMoneyCutCarbon’s customers collectively save over 727 million litres of water and 23 million kWh of energy each year, delivering a carbon reduction of 6,765 tonnes per annum from completed projects and products sold on its online platform. The carbon reduction alone is equivalent to travelling 23.24 million miles in an average petrol car.
Covering an increasing range of solutions and technologies we only work with established, proven global manufacturers, and internally to support this we create technical sales “hubs” to make sure we have the expertise in house to support our wider sales and online customers, to ensure every customer gets the best guidance, expertise and ultimately savings.
We don’t focus on selling “things in boxes,” we sell savings, payback and peace of mind, working hand in hand with clients and manufacturers to uncover untapped saving opportunities, building robust business cases, specifying the best solutions, financing the projects, the supplying and often installing across the UK. While many global manufacturers have well established distribution channels for shifting boxes or technical networks, we are creating something new; a marketplace and platform focused on customers who are interested in and driven by energy / water savings and the reduced carbon emissions this can deliver.
Content of job
The principal function of the Business Development Manager – Solar is to secure profitable business for SaveMoneyCutCarbon from solar and battery storage; developing an offering that can be clearly reflected on the SaveMoneyCutCarbon main website developing with our existing team the capabilities, tools and processes to deliver this from creating interest, initial client discussions, through to supply and final fit. To provide this to selected existing key SaveMoneyCutCarbon accounts, as well as developing new clients attracted by the offering, in order to achieve or ideally exceed defined sales targets, within the cost budget.
- Play a key role in the sales team, having specific commercial and technical input to support the business and market needs to ensure accelerated SaveMoneyCutCarbon growth in the UK.
- Have the skills to negotiate & manage orders either direct, via a contractor base or via local distribution channels.
- Conduct initial site surveys on chosen customer sites, utilise existing audit tools to prove potential savings and attractive payback.
- Provide technical and sales support to the wider audit and sales functions across SaveMoneyCutCarbon.
- Work with our digital teams to develop the representation of this offering online across our core website, social media, search, utilising case studies related content & articles.
- Responsible for all local activities relating to the Customer Relationship Management to meet the business and customer needs, including full maintenance of our CRM package for your customer activity.
- Understand the sectors we should sell into based around existing clients, open new sectors and work with Management / Customer bases to maximise our sales efforts
- Monitor the product sales / KPI’s to ensure we are on track to deliver our budgets, and take corrective actions as required.
- Continually improve controls and implement process improvements. Reduce non-added value work and build out maintenance contract opportunities.
- Engage and deliver product knowledge, application, and troubleshooting skills to the customers, as required.
- Be a competent presenter having the ability to construct and deliver PowerPoint presentations to support our sales efforts.
- Competitor monitoring and updates on their approach.
- To maintain customer relationships, out of hours work / entertaining / UK travel is anticipated
- Working closely with the in house marketing team.
- Participate in ad hoc tasks defined by the line manager.
- Engage in suitable project work as required to the benefit of SaveMoneyCutCarbon.
- Liaise with internal and external sales colleagues at all levels
- Liaise with members of the SaveMoneyCutCarbon Senior Leadership Team
- Liaise with sales, marketing & service personnel
- Build a strong customer relationship to ensure we drive every opportunity to ensure we maximise sales
- Educated to a high academic level, ideal with progress to a professional qualification
- Technical knowledge of the business area you are responsible for
- Familiarity with Microsoft Packages
- Experience of solar and battery storage
- Knowledge of related technologies, including EV and electric heating
- This is a role for a proactive sales person who thrives on sales success and the financial rewards which accompany this.
- Must be able to operate at all levels both internally and with customers
- Confident and articulate with first class communication and negotiation skills
- Self-starter with a proactive approach and able to work on own initiative
- An understanding of business practices and ethics
- Operate in accordance with the SaveMoneyCutCarbon Values
- Commitment, drive and enthusiasm above the average
- The ability to work in a demanding and ever-changing environment where meeting time deadlines are a key task
- Excellent organisational and prioritising skills
- Ability to identify areas for improvement and methodically drive process improvement
- Goal oriented person who can deliver successful results
- Likes to work in a business with a strong sales culture.
- Strong Communicator towards Customers, Organisation and sales team.
- Proven leadership and management skills.
- Open and honest, driven to succeed.
- Creative and shows initiative.
- Believes in the company values.
- Relevant market, product and application knowledge.
- Strong moral compass
- This must be your sole job.