To apply for this job please visit res-group.csod.com.
Do you want to work to make Power for Good?
We’re the world’s largest independent renewable energy company. We’re driven by a simple yet powerful vision: to create a future where everyone has access to affordable, zero carbon energy.
We know that achieving our ambitions would be impossible without our people. Because we’re tackling some of the world’s toughest problems, we need the very best people to help us. They’re our most important asset so that’s why we continually invest in them.
RES is a family with a diverse workforce, and we are dedicated to the personal professional growth of our people, no matter what stage of their career they’re at. We can promise you rewarding work which makes a real impact, the chance to learn from inspiring colleagues from across a growing, global network and opportunities to grow personally and professionally.
Our competitive package offers rewards and benefits including pension schemes, flexible working, and top-down emphasis on better work-life balance. We also offer private healthcare, discounted green travel, 25 days holiday with options to buy/sell five days per annum, enhanced family leave and four volunteering days per year so you can make an impact somewhere else.
The Business Development Manager (Solar / Storage) will be a full time member of UK&I Business Development team and will work with our Solar & Storage teams on the securing of new contracts within the UK &I.
Whilst the role will cover Solar & Storage services delivered by RES, there will be opportunities to be involved in Asset Management and O&M opportunities across all of our key technologies (onshore/offshore wind, solar and battery storage). Your work will also involve working with our international business development teams and clients.
This is an exciting new role within RES and you will be an important member of a team with growth targets.
As a Business Development Manager (Solar / Storage) you will:
- Deliver a programme of business development activity to meet targets
- Develop client relationships including identifying and generating opportunities to submit bids
- Write bids, tenders & proposals and lead assigned opportunities through to contract signature/handover
- Assist the creation of the cost calculation including developing an appropriate pricing strategy
- Gain the business’ approval before preparing and submitting bids
- Take part in contract negotiations within the agreed business approval levels
- Record and track opportunities, customer interactions and project data within the CRM system
- Contribute towards the development of the marketing and business development plans
- Monitor industry tender portals and co-ordinating tender responses
- Help to develop a culture of continuous improvement through the analysis of customer and internal feedback and implementing conclusions in the business strategies and customer account plans
- Liaise with peers in other RES markets and countries to support the standardisation of business development activity across the Group
You will be required to travel occasionally within UK and Europe, and attendance at industry conferences.
Significant knowledge of the UK solar and/or storage sectors including having a strong contacts base across the industry
- Understanding of the sales and tendering process typically used for selling services in a B2B environment
- Knowledge of the principles of key account management
- Knowledge of key contractual terms such as performance warranties
- Excellent interpersonal skills, particularly for leading/participating in virtual teams drawn from across RES to develop tenders
- Strong numerical analysis skills required for developing cost models for delivering technical services (such as asset management and operations & maintenance) under long term contracts
- Research and strategic analysis
- Good organisational skills to meet fast paced timescales on a number of potentially simultaneous tenders and other business development activities
- Strong ability to use Microsoft 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint) and CRM systems
- Experience working in the UK solar and/or storage renewable energy industry
- Experience planning and delivering business development activities (with clients and contractors) for selling services in a B2B environment
- Experience preparing proposals and tenders
- Degree in business, renewable energy, or equivalent qualification is desirable, but a proven background in a meaningful business development or commercial activity may be sufficient
- Hold a UK driving licence
Our company provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.