To apply for this job please visit taptapsend.recruiterbox.com.
Taptap Send is an app-based solution that lets immigrants send money back home to emerging markets instantly and at very low prices. Since launching in summer 2018, we’ve already moved tens of millions of dollars and reached tens of thousands of customers. We’re live in seven European countries, and we support payments into Senegal, Mali, Guinea, Ghana, and the Ivory Coast, with more countries launching soon.
Global remittances account for over $500 billion annually, most of which moves back into developing countries. But the market is dominated by traditional services that are expensive, can take days to arrive, and have limited reach in rural areas. We’re helping people to send that money instantly and securely at a fraction of the cost.
Taptap Send is a venture-backed start-up with investors including Reid Hoffman, the Omidyar Network, and Helios. We pride ourselves on hiring exceptional talent — our team members come from a wide variety of top-tier tech companies, professional services firms, and industry leaders, including Twitter, Yahoo, Uber, Amazon, McKinsey, Bain & Co, Deloitte, KPMG, Cravath, and Vodafone.
To continue our rapid growth, we’re looking to bring on people who are passionate about our mission and excited to work in a small startup environment. We have competitive salary and stock options and great benefits, and we were recently rated one of the best companies to escape to by Escape the City’s ‘Escape 100‘.
You will be responsible for running Taptap Send’s market expansion efforts at every stage, from brainstorming to country launch. You will travel extensively scoping out the best markets, partners, and products for money transfer in Africa and beyond. You’ll collaborate closely and constantly with key external stakeholders from first meeting to product launch. You’ll use your passion for getting things done in emerging markets, building close working relationships with every kind of individual and organization to scale Taptap Send from five recipient markets to a dozen — and more.
You enjoy challenges, you love travel and adventure, and you’re a relentless relationship builder and maintainer — especially across countries and time zones. You thrive operating solo in unfamiliar environments and figuring out what (and who) works and doesn’t. You are enthusiastic about working in the fast-paced environment of a rapidly growing startup.
- Identify the best partners in target countries
- Be the face of Taptap Send to new and existing partners, negotiating great deals and overseeing the process from first meeting to launch
- Train Taptap Send employees on new products and markets
- Work cross functionally to ensure Taptap Send has the best product offering in the market
- 5 years’ experience working for a top tier company, with a minimum of 2 years in sales, business development, or similar role
- Enthusiasm for travel
- Top-tier interpersonal and communication skills
- Strong negotiating skills
- Ability to think on your feet to achieve your goals creatively and independently
- Fluent in French and English; other languages a plus
- Experience with emerging markets a plus
- Experience with payments or remittances a plus
- Competitive salary (based on experience)
- 25 days + public holidays
- Flexible hours
- Employer pension contributions
- Weekly team lunch and free drinks in the office
- Regular team events
- Professional development opportunities (e.g. language lessons, trainings, etc.)
- Buy whatever tech equipment you need
- No formal dress code
- Dog-friendly workplace