At Beam, you get to do work that really matters. We’re solving the world’s toughest social problems. And we’re growing fast 🚀
It’s not easy. Nothing worth doing ever is. But we take care of everyone who works here with everything from coaching to personal budgets and pay highly competitively.
You’ll be joining a company that’s having a huge impact on people’s lives. It’s a place where you can be yourself, have fun and grow every day.
As Beam’s Business Development & Partnerships Lead, you’re helping Beam grow its reputation as a world-leading innovation in social impact. Every partnership you close in this role leads us further towards our company north star; the number of lives we can change.
You’re a confident presenter and natural networker, creating visually inspired decks that inform and impress.
A firm understanding of analytics means you’re comfortable with social impact metrics and modelling the savings created by Beam for different stakeholders in the public sector.
You’ve applied your strong written skills to winning funding applications before, and enjoy getting your head round complex ecosystems.
This role is based in London and reports to Cofounder and COO, Seb Barker.
Read more about our company culture in Beam Life
- Opening and closing partnerships in local government that increase Beam’s impact
- Testing and iterating the proposition for different stakeholders in government through email and in-person meetings
- Building a strong, respectful and professional working relationship with Beam’s prospective and current government partners
- Scoping and modelling new market opportunities eg expanding the service into new areas, working with new cohorts.
- Building a strong brand for Beam through events, networking and relevant speaking opportunities
- Working with Beam’s lawyers to ensure legal compliance underpins new pieces of work
- Working to ambitious company and individual KPIs and constantly looking to improve the Beam model
- Experience in a startup, leading corporate or the public sector in a partnerships, sales or procurement role
- High level of articulacy and comfortable presenting and with presentation software (eg PowerPoint and/or Keynote)
- An understanding of how to build and manage a sales strategy and pipeline
- Comfortable using Excel or equivalent to model proposals and Beam’s potential impact on a new area of work
- Good working knowledge of the public sector’s commissioning and procurement processes
- A strong sense of diplomacy and how to appropriately build relationships with central and local government stakeholders
Compensation & Perks
- Highly competitive startup salary of £40-60k – we’re open to hearing from a broad range of experiences
- Additional EMI-qualifying share options in Beam
- MacBook Air or PC (brand new / recycled)
- Work phone
- £500 annual “Be Amazing” budget to spend on anything that helps you achieve your potential
- Cycle Scheme
- Plenty of Beam merch and books aplenty
- Perkbox perks – discounts and freebies at hundreds of top brands
- Hybrid office – significant flexibility plus the team bonding and fun of a physical space (once government rules allow)
- Fortnightly socials in everything from candle and pizza making to treasure hunts
- Annual team retreat (once government rules allow)
- Unlimited holiday, with a minimum of 20 days per year
- ‘Beam Team Talks’ – monthly talks to the team from pre-eminent figures in tech and other sectors. Speakers include the cofounders of JustGiving, Booking.com, Starling and Shazam.
All our interviews are currently conducted over Zoom. It usually takes us a week to get back to you after each round. Due to a high number of applications, we are unfortunately unable to offer feedback before Round 2. Feedback for subsequent rounds is provided if requested.
At Beam, we work hard to build diverse teams and believe diverse teams are the most impactful. We’re especially excited to hear from BAME candidates or those with lived experience of social disadvantage.
We’re a rapidly-growing, high-energy team who love our work and making a positive impact. If you believe in our purpose and want to learn fast and make a real difference, get in touch.