Business Development Apprentice
Working at Limejump
Limejump is an award-winning tech company that connects customers to our in-house trading and data centres as we work towards our mission to revolutionise the UK energy industry. Limejump is made possible by our team of experts and a meaningful commitment to sustainability. Since 2019, our mission has been supercharged by investment from one of the world’s largest business initiatives, Shell New Energies.
By joining Limejump, you’ll work alongside a fun and friendly group of people from all over the world and be instrumental in our shared vision – to harness data and technology that will shape the future of energy.
We are looking for a Business Development Apprentice to support the BD team and help grow our portfolio of customers.
Limejump has built a reputation for delivering beneficial change in the energy market and developing technical innovation to drive sustainability. We are committed to growing a world-class commercial team that will strengthen our relationships with customers and enhance their experience by dealing with a market leading energy supplier.
This is a great opportunity for a highly motivated, hardworking, self-starter who is interested in the sustainability agenda and keen to develop a career in BD or Sales.
The role will report within the BD team, receive mentoring from senior members within the team and work closely with peers across the organisation.
Alongside this, the role will also study for a Level 4 apprenticeship in Sales.
What You’ll Do
Provide support to the BD team, with a core focus on:
- Collating and generating content and case studies to share externally using information from our team of Business Development Managers (BDMs).
- Assisting with pitches and presentations for prospective customers.
- Undertaking research to assist BDMs with lead generation.
- Performing ad hoc analytical tasks to assist with commercial opportunities.
- Gaining exposure to the sales cycle and progressively working towards engaging with customers and generating pipeline for the BD team to close.
- Supporting the team to ensure all reporting is timely and accurate.
What’s Needed- Essential Skills and Experience
- An interest in developing a career in BD in the energy sector and desire to enrol onto a Sales Apprenticeship course.
- A willingness to learn and get stuck in at Limejump.
- A-level attainment in 3 subjects.
- GSCE Maths and English at A-B level.
- Enjoyment of a deadline orientated environment.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Resilience, grit and ability to think under pressure.
- Good numeracy skills, with a strong ability to complete analytical tasks.
- A professional attitude.
- An employment history with some part time work experience is an advantage.
- Experience using Microsoft Excel for analytical tasks
- Salesforce exposure
The role will be expected to undertake and complete all components of the Sales Executive apprenticeship (Level 4). Support will be offered off site/on site to fulfil the requirements of the Apprenticeship scheme.
- Fair pay and performance practices, including a transparent bonus structure.
- Flexible working options and 25 days annual leave (+ a day off for your birthday)!
- (Once we’re back!) A friendly plant-filled office with regular fruit delivery and fresh roasted local coffee.
- A subsidised onsite gym membership and a Cycle to Work scheme.
- Regular team social events, summer and Christmas parties.
- Shared Lunch n’ Learns and skill sharing opportunities.
- A holistic employee assistance programme, offering free phone and/or face-to-face counselling and an excellent discount programme.
Limejump values equality and diversity, and we welcome applications from candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, gender identity, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
About Your Application Data
By clicking the “Submit Application” button you expressly make the following representations and warranties and give your consents as described below:
Limejump Ltd. collects your personal data for the purposes of managing Limejump Ltd.’s recruitment related activities as well as for organizational planning purposes. Consequently, Limejump Ltd. may use your personal data in relation to the evaluation and selection of applicants including for example setting up and conducting interviews and tests, evaluating and assessing the results thereto and as is otherwise needed in the recruitment processes including the final recruitment.
Limejump Ltd. does not disclose your personal data to unauthorized third parties. Limejump Ltd. may from time to time also use third parties to act on Limejump Ltd.’s behalf. You agree to the fact that to the extent necessary your personal data may be transferred and/or disclosed to any company within Limejump Ltd. as well as to third parties acting on Limejump Ltd.’s behalf, including also transfers to servers and databases outside the country where you provided Limejump Ltd with your personal data. Such transfers may include for example transfers and/or disclosures outside the European Economic Area and in the United States of America.
Note: All applicants must have a current right to work in the UK without a work permit. Limejump cannot sponsor employment visas for this role.