- Full Time
Mimica, a London-based, dynamic mission-focused business, is currently in the process of moving through from startup to scaleup. We are now seeking a self-motivated individual to join our business development team, helping to create initial market penetration and drive wider & deeper adoption of our products in the UK, Europe and beyond. Your work would help pioneer waste reducing solutions in the food and other industries.
At Mimica, we aim to radically reduce unnecessary waste by creating a new standard for freshness information with our award-winning temperature-sensitive tags that tell you exactly when a product should no longer be consumed. The company is pre-revenue with many exciting challenges ahead. Our company values, such as “health and loved ones first”, guide our decision-making.
We’re looking for a business development professional who is passionate about sustainability, making a difference to food waste and food security, and who is looking for the level of responsibility, and the opportunities, that working at an early-stage company can offer.
You will be university educated, with relevant, broad experience in a business development or similar sales related role. You should have an understanding and first hand knowledge of the B2B sales process, tactics and developing strategy, and be highly skilled at external communication, negotiation and closing with customers. Previous experience of food, other FMCG or packaging markets would be a plus
You should be an exceptional communicator who is positive, shows initiative and has a high level of emotional intelligence. You should be equally comfortable at high level meetings and mopping up your own administration when required. We’re looking for someone with excellent critical thinking skills, thorough attention to detail and capable of understanding and addressing market trends. Our ideal candidate will be able to attract new clients and build solid relationships with them while maintaining existing customer relationships. While we are a highly collaborative team, you should feel comfortable with autonomy and self-motivation.
You will be enthusiastic about working in and contributing to a progressive company culture that is mission-obsessed and places its values first.
As one of our company values is diverse expertise, we embrace applicants from all walks of life.
We are seeking a qualified business development professional to join our team, reporting to one of the directors, working with the management team and wider business to deliver on our business development strategy and accelerate sales.
After an initial period of familiarisation and support work, the successful candidate will work through various stages of the business development process, directly with customers and/or as part of customer facing teams. The role will involve extending our reach through expert discovery and exploration of new and untapped business opportunities and relationships.. Other duties will include market research, writing winning sales pitches, managing a variety of projects, and identifying new business opportunities. There is scope for this role to develop into other business development roles and further seniority as the business develops.
Some of your activities may include:
– Managing and working with our existing sales pipeline and developing new business opportunities and partnerships, including following up on inbound prospective customer enquiries
– Set up and manage customer pilots
– Desk research on sales prospects, industry dynamics, market trends and other required information
– Help shape and execute business development tactics and strategy, including input into marketing & NPD as appropriate.
– Supporting business plan modification & maintenance
– Representing Mimica at industry events
– Building relationships, including setting up and attending meetings and vists, with prospective customers
– Preparation of customised materials such as sales decks, project proposals and technical information
– Take supporting & leading roles in the development of presentations and other marketing and business development materials
– Working with and keeping CRM system up to date as required
– Carrying out and supporting team-based management of prospects & customers
– Being an active member of the wider business team
– Stakeholder/client mapping
– Writing reports and analysing data
What you’ll get in return
The starting salary range is from £25,600 to £32,000, depending on experience. Company benefits include:
– Self-managed (unlimited) time off policy
– Full company closure for Christmas period
– Flexible working options
– Workplace pension with employer contribution
– Access to free psychotherapy and counselling services
– Allocated personal development time
– Enhanced maternity and paternity leave
– Free railcard
– Cycle to work scheme
Our normal work hours are for 8 hours per day starting between 8-10am, although work hours are flexible and we’re happy to consider working around your schedule.
We’re based in Workhub 20 Wenlock Road, London N1 7GU, an easy walking distance from Old Street & Angel stations. We operate a hybrid working policy and allow you to choose how much you come to the office. This role will also involve travel, mostly within the UK but also in Europe and potentially North America.
If we’ve made your brain itch, please get in touch and send your CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.