To apply for this job please visit jobs.ecotricity.co.uk.
An opportunity has opened within our diverse Business Department. If you’re are looking to gain experience & insight into all areas of customer service (billing, metering, moves, customer contact etc.) & thrive with an ever-changing workload, then this is the role for you.
We want individuals who like targets & who can own the numbers with their Line Manager. Always thinking ‘Customer First’, we need people who are naturally inquisitive with skills to investigate and resolve any issues that occur – always putting our customers and at the heart of our decision making – showing them we care!
This role will very varied, challenging and rewarding and requires excellent communication and organisational skills.
What you will do
The role will be extremely varied but training and support for each area will be provided along the way. We are looking for people who are; adaptable, quick learners, enjoy a challenge and are enthusiastic about the work & completing it. Key areas of work may include:
- Manage incoming work – effective resolution of customer queries and account errors throughout the customer journey – always providing the highest level of customer service.
- Process meter reads & industry flows – Liaising with customers and industry bodies to ensure we have up to date and accurate information for our customers.
- Help to bill all accounts in a timely and accurate manner
- Open cases and work items – following up on internal account issues, which can include industry queries and general account maintenance.
- Customer contact – responding to customers and internal queries, ensuring that the customers account is updated and the reason for contact resolved to delight the customer.
- Follow processes from start to finish, managing all aspects of the customer journey. This will also include updating these processes where required to make sure they are up to date and relevant.
- Resolve exceptions created by internal system interfaces.
- Maintaining customer data held within main billing system.
- Investigate and resolve reasons for accounts being unbilled.
- Actively look to review and improve key processes within the department to improve the customer journey.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as requested by Team Leader or Manager.
What you will bring
Knowledge, Skills and experience
- Customer focused with a passion to get things right for our customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Good level of numeracy, accuracy and problem-solving ability.
- Verbal and written communication Skills
- Excellent computer literacy including Microsoft Office Packages. Some Excel experience is essential
- Good planning and organisational skills
- Excellent time management and personal organisational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Some Utility Industry knowledge would be beneficial.
- Ideally educated to A-level standard, or equivalent (not essential)
- GCSE Maths and English (C or above) essential, or equivalent
- Strives to achieve an excellent quality of work
- Flexible and adaptable approach to work
- Self-starter & takes ownership.
- Exceptional team player who builds open and supportive relationships
- Solutions focused and resourceful
- Engaging and motivating attitude and style
- Committed to continual improvement
- Methodical and organised, managing own work
- Is receptive to feedback and acts accordingly
- Creative and innovative
Most importantly we are looking for someone who has a real desire to achieve our overall targets.
Our model is unique: we use our customers’ energy bills to fund the building of new sources of green energy. We like to refer to this as turning ‘bills into mills’ – energy bills into energy mills, whether that’s wind, sun, sea or gasmills.
We’ve built over seventy wind and sun parks across Britain, we’re planning to build Britain’s first ever Green Gasmills, and through Britwind, our small wind company, we design, build and deliver small wind turbines to landowners and businesses throughout Britain and the world!
We don’t just focus on energy though – we built and run the Electric Highway, Britain’s leading network of electric car chargepoints, we helped Forest Green Rovers become the greenest football club in the world, and launched Britain’s greenest mobile phone service, Ecotalk.